25 Questions to Ask at Your Gynecomastia Consultation, When a man decides to get a consultation for gynecomastia, it is understandable that he is somewhat anxious. He is admitting that he has a condition that causes him extreme embarrassment. It would be wise to write down all questions and concerns in advance, as it is easy to forget what you want to ask once you are at your appointment.
In addition to your questions, here are some suggestions you may want to consider:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- How long have you been doing male breast reduction surgery?
- Approximately how many do you perform a year?
- Is your anesthesiologist Board Certified?
- What kind of anesthesia would be used?
- If you use a surgery center, is it accredited?
- Am I a good candidate for surgery?
- How would you do my procedure?
- How long will my surgery last?
- What kind of medications will be prescribed?
- Can I go home the same day?
- Are my goals realistic?
- Where would the incisions be?
- Will I have visible scars?
- Can it be done by liposuction alone?
- Will I have drains?
- Will I need a compression vest? If so, for how long?
- What will my recovery be like?
- How much time will I need to take off work?
- When can I resume exercise?
- What risks are associated with my surgery?
- If I have a complication, how will it be handled?
- Do you have before and after pictures for me to view?
- What is the cost?
- Can my male breasts grow back?
Thats are the 25 Questions to Ask at Your Gynecomastia Consultation When you are choosing your gynecomastia surgeon, be sure you feel comfortable not only with your surgeon but the entire staff.