Foods That Cause Man Breasts
A gynecomastia diet is one that maximizes testosterone production and minimizes estrogen elevation—also, emphasizing weight control.
Gynecomastia can present itself as both an unrelenting and uncomfortable issue for men. While this condition is physical, gynecomastia has a strong emotional impact on those suffering from it. When a hormonal imbalance occurs in the male body – testosterone levels are low, and estrogen levels are high – one of the effects can be gynecomastia (also called man boobs or moobs). To optimize your hormone levels, naturally, adding the targeted elements to your diet may help with your chest’s appearance. Also, a balanced diet and exercise can control your weight and fat content in the chest. A consistent balance between estrogen and testosterone will reduce the risk of gynecomastia. Some foods are estrogen-like, and others encourage testosterone production.
Foods to Increase Testosterone Levels for Men
Before we begin, note that contrary to what you may read on the internet, science has not found magic pills or nutritional supplements that can eliminate gynecomastia. If there are lumps in your chest, these are typically glandular breast tissues that are not going to go away with diet or exercise . In this situation, you suffer from gynecomastia, and surgery may be your only real option.
For another group of men with gynecomastia due to fat or pseudogynecomastia, diet can help. If you are overweight or obese, you may very well be able to lose a significant amount of your gynecomastia or man boobs by reducing your weight. Considerable weight reduction means you will need to change your lifestyle and embark on a combination of physical activity and a healthier diet. Also, weight loss can help you re-balance your body hormones and improve your body mass index (BMI). Not sure where to begin? We are here to help you start by consuming nutritious food with low caloric content to achieve weight loss and peak muscle performance.
Start by adding these powerhouse ingredients into your routine:
- Zinc: Do you lift weights or incorporate cardio into your workout regime? Those activities lower zinc levels. Adding zinc back into your diet will boost testosterone levels and provide balance. There are many delicious foods with high amounts of zinc, such as lean beef, oysters, veal and beef liver, shellfish, tuna, and beans. If you crave a snack, grab a handful of cashews, peanuts or pumpkin seeds to pack in the zinc.
- Vitamin D: This multifunctional nutrient increases sperm count and testosterone levels. When tested on overweight males, the testosterone levels after consuming vitamin D were impressive. You won’t need to change your diet too much, eat more eggs, pork, and low-fat milk.
- Healthy Fats: Foods rich in healthy doses of fat both taste great and work well at boosting testosterone production. You’ll want to incorporate avocados, walnuts, egg yolks, and raw almonds into your diet. You can also try supplementing canola oil for coconut oil, which is better for you and support your estrogen reducing mission.
Foods that Increase the Estrogen Level
Estrogen and estrogen-like compounds can promote breast development. These compounds exist in a variety of forms in our environment. You may consider reducing the intake of these compounds if you have gynecomastia concerns.
- Soy products – Soy has a high amount of isoflavones, which is plant estrogen or phytoestrogen. It affects the body similarly to human estrogen but much weaker. The soy isoflavones can attach to the estrogen receptors and cause a slight estrogen effect or even anti-estrogen activity.
- Tea tree oil and lavender oil – These essential oils have estrogen-like properties and anti- testosterone action. These oils, therefore, hinder the development of man characteristics. These essential oils are used as alternatives to medical treatments, and in personal hygiene, house cleaning, and aromatherapy. Lavender and tea tree oil are found in consumer products like soaps, lotions, shampoos, etc..
- Red Wine, Fruits, Nuts, and Flax seeds – Research has shown that the phytochemicals in these food sources possess a chemical called resveratrol. Studies have shown that resveratrol provides the same effect of estrogen as in the female body.
Best diets for 2010
The best diet is different for each person. When people refer to diet, they often are targeting weight loss. We looked at the top diets for 2020 based on the US News Report . This report will give you some trustworthy guidance for the best diet for you.
Author – TakakoSakamoto
An Unusual Case of Gynecomastia Associated with Soy Product Consumption
Jorge Martinez and Jack Lewi Endocrine Practice: May 2008, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 415-418.
Henley DV1, Lipson N, Korach KS, Bloch CA
The New England Journal of Medicine, 31 Jan 2007, 356(5):479-485
Endocrine Society press release.
©Copyright 2020 Gynecomastia.org. All rights reserved. Use and access to this site are subject to the terms and conditions as set out in our Legal Statement and Privacy Statement.
The content on Gynecomastia.org is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as medical advice. It does not replace the need to meet with a physician who will accurately diagnose your condition and suggest treatment options.