Gynecomastia Services in San Francisco and Marin County
To find out if gynecomastia surgery is the correct option to meet your personal goals, have a
virtual or in-person consultation for male breast reduction surgery with Dr Miguel Delgado. Please allow 20 minutes for a virtual consultation and 40 minutes for an in-person consultation. In-person gynecomastia surgery consultations can take place in San Francisco or Marin County.
Following your consultation, you will be provided with the total cost of your gynecomastia surgery, follow-up consultations and all aftercare.
Specialist Gynecomastia Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Delgado is Board-Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. All gynecomastia surgery is performed at The Gynecomastia Center of Excellence — the Marin Cosmetic Surgical Center*.
*Federal and state-accredited surgical facility.
Dr. Miguel Delgado provides an extensive choice of gynecomastia surgery for various types of gynecomastia:
- Adolescent Gynecomastia
- Adult Gynecomastia and Pseudogynecomastia
- Steroid Induced Gynecomastia
- Revision Gynecomastia Surgery
The type of procedure you need will depend on various factors, including previous gynecomastia surgery, the grade of gynecomastia, and your goals. The gynecomastia surgery most appropriate for your requirements will be discussed during your consultation.
Factors that affect gynecomastia surgery:
- Skin elasticity
- Significant weight loss
- Photoaging caused by sun damage
Dr. Delgado provides four gynecomastia surgery options with liposuction:
- Pull-Through Technique (minimally invasive gynecomastia surgery) Suitable for grade 1 gynecomastia and some cases of grade 2 gynecomastia symptoms
- Standard Gynecomastia Surgery (periareolar incision) Suitable for grade 2 gynecomastia and some cases of grade 3 gynecomastia symptoms
- Two-stage Gynecomastia Surgery — Standard gynecomastia surgery, followed by a periareolar lift, performed four to six months later, under local anesthetic. Suitable for grade 3 and in some cases grade 4 gynecomastia symptoms
- Double incision mastectomy (mammary crease incision) Suitable for grade 3 and grade 4 gynecomastia symptoms
Gynecomastia Revision Surgery
Gynecomastia surgery causes scar tissue to develop as the body heals itself. This scar tissue is why gynecomastia revision surgery requires more skill. Scar tissue is tougher and less flexible, making contouring and creating the ideal male chest shape more challenging.
As a specialist plastic surgeon, Dr. Delgado is an expert in gynecomastia revision surgery. Around 40% of the gynecomastia surgery Dr. Delgado performs is for men who require gynecomastia revision surgery following unsatisfactory initial gynecomastia surgery.
For personalized information about gynecomastia plastic surgery procedures, please complete Dr. Delgado’s inquiry form.