Specialist Gynecomastia Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Delgado is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. All gynecomastia surgery is performed at The Gynecomastia Center of Excellence — the Marin Cosmetic Surgical Center*. Dr Delgado is also a foremost expert in the diagnosis and treatment of gynecomastia, specializing in it beyond what other plastic surgeons would experience during their normal patient care.
*Federal and state-accredited surgical facility.
Dr. Miguel Delgado provides an extensive choice of gynecomastia surgery for various types of gynecomastia:
- Adolescent gynecomastia
- Adult gynecomastia
- Steroid-induced gynecomastia
- Revision gynecomastia surgery
The type of procedure you need will depend on various factors, including previous gynecomastia surgery, the grade of gynecomastia, and your goals. The male breast reduction surgery most appropriate for your unique situation will be discussed during your consultation.
Factors that affect gynecomastia surgery:
- Skin elasticity
- Significant weight loss
- Amount of excess breast tissue
- Photoaging caused by sun damage
Dr. Delgado provides four gynecomastia surgery options with liposuction:
- Pull-Through Technique (minimally invasive gynecomastia surgery) — Suitable for grade 1 gynecomastia and some cases of grade 2 gynecomastia symptoms
- Standard Gynecomastia Surgery (periareolar incision) — Suitable for grade 2 gynecomastia and some cases of grade 3 gynecomastia symptoms
- Two-stage Gynecomastia Surgery — Standard gynecomastia surgery, followed by a periareolar lift, performed four to six months later, under local anesthetic. Suitable for grade 3 and in some cases grade 4 gynecomastia symptoms
- Double incision mastectomy (mammary crease incision) — Suitable for grade 3 and grade 4 gynecomastia symptoms
Gynecomastia Revision Surgery
Revision surgery following a disappointing or ineffective first male breast reduction procedure is more complicated and delicate than undergoing it initially. Surgery to treat gynecomastia causes scar tissue to develop as the body heals itself following the removal of glandular and/or fatty breast tissue. This scar tissue is why gynecomastia revision surgery requires more skill. Scar tissue is tough and inflexible, making contouring and creating the ideal male chest shape more challenging.
As a specialist plastic surgeon, Dr. Delgado is an expert in gynecomastia revision surgery. Around 40% of the gynecomastia surgeries Dr. Delgado performs are for men who require gynecomastia revision surgery following unsatisfactory initial cosmetic surgery.
Gynecomastia Services in San Francisco and Marin County
To find out if gynecomastia surgery is the correct option to meet your personal goals, it’s important to have a virtual or in-person consultation for male breast reduction surgery with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Miguel Delgado. Please allow 20 minutes for a virtual consultation and 40 minutes for an in-person consultation. In-person gynecomastia surgery consultations can take place in San Francisco or Marin County.
Following your consultation, you will be provided with the total cost of your gynecomastia surgery, follow-up consultations and all aftercare.
For personalized information about gynecomastia plastic surgery procedures, please complete Dr. Delgado’s inquiry form.