Before you commit to having a cosmetic procedure, you should meet with a board – certified plastic surgeon who can recommend the best procedures and help you understand the outcomes to expect. The COVID – 19 pandemic limits the types of surgeries and procedure s that can be performed and requires that we all practice effective social distancing. In order to continue serving our patients, Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Center of Texas is offering private virtual consult services with Dr. Wilcox . Virtual consultations have a lways been an option for our out-of-town patients, and we are expanding the service to include anyone who is considering plastic surgery. Here are some tips to help you prepare for your virtual consult.
Make a List of Questions for Virtual Consultation
In-office consultations with Dr. Wilcox are interactive appointments. You learn about the procedures that you are considering and what outcomes are expected. You also have the chance to ask questions of the surgeon. The same holds true for your virtual consult. We recommend that you spend some time writing down any questions that you have about the procedure, such as:
- Is the procedure right for me?
- Are there any complementary treatments that I should consider?
- What should I expect during the recovery, and how long will it take to heal?
- What aftercare is required?
- When will I see the final results?
Prepare a Quiet, Secluded Space for Virtual Consultation
When you have consultations in our office, we take you into a private room where you can focus on the conversation with your plastic surgeon, and the surgeon is able to examine the area that you are considering for cosmetic procedures. A virtual consult is most effective when this same type of interaction can take place, so we recommend that you:
- Find a space in your home that is quiet and secluded
- Let your family know that you have a virtual consult schedule and need some privacy during the appointment
- Set up your computer with a high-quality camera and microphone
- Have your list of questions with you
- Write down your medical history, including medications, prior surgeries, prior cosmetic procedures, medical conditions, weight, and height
With a little preparation, you can relax during the virtual consultation and garner the information that you need to make an informed decision.