Hello Guest

Wearing a Bra......

• 26 Replies

Offline a-man

• Gyne free!
Re: Wearing a Bra......
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 08:49:06 AM »
How about the 'I had breasts but got them hacked off, so I'm a hero and deserve a medal' syndrome that pervades these threads.

Hero? I have been following this board for a long time and have never come across that attitude. Like the poster above me said, people are more relieved that they can get on living their lives like normal males. I don't feel like a hero... I just feel normal now.

Anyway after re-reading this thread.... I can't believe I spent this much time arguing with a bunch of grown men who walk around wearing bras.

Gine2D

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2005, 06:08:22 PM »
I wish I was perfect & always right in what I say.  It must really be a good feeling.

I think that some of us "non-perfect" guys with breasts still have a good sex drive remaining, I do.

G

Offline hondacrx

• Quando Omni Flunkus Mortati
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2005, 06:15:42 AM »
a-man - you are an insensitive, arrogant fool.

Consider that some may not have the financial resources to afford surgery.  Wearing a bra is a cost-effective, last-resort solution to an overall crappy situation.  Get over the fact that others here are able to make a decision in bravery, which your cowardess prohibits you from making.  

That said, to those of you living with the condition as I am, I have found it acceptable to simply dress in baggier clothing or in layers.  I find a black tshirt tucked in, with a non-buttoned-up dress shirt over that works well, and looks good too.  Though I have not tried myself, if done right, you could probably hide a bra under that - no problem.

As we are all keenly aware, society does not accept us very readily.  I'm sure we all have felt the same shame, embarrasment, and dispair about our condition.  Society is changing however.  I'm sure even 20 years ago, it would have been complete taboo for a man to buy himself a bra in a department store.  But now we have examples to the contrary.  As people are educated about G, more will be understanding of what we feel compelled to do about it.

On a side note, as I was composing this, I thought about the how some women who are too small to need a bra often times feel forced to wear one.  It's simply crazy that men who need a bra, can't wear one, while women who don't need one, must.  And it all depends on the organs between our legs?  Society is just silly that way I guess.

Offline a-man

• Gyne free!
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2005, 08:38:28 AM »
Get over the fact that others here are able to make a decision in bravery, which your cowardess prohibits you from making.

::)

See what I mean. What makes all your bra-wearing men so great vs us who have opted to actually DO something about our condition?

It takes plenty of bravery to admit you have a condition. It takes bravery to make the decision to do something about it (instead of just "living with it"). It takes bravery to make that first trip to the doctor... etc etc...

Whereas any little girl can walk into the bra section of a department store.

This thread reminds me of all the fatasses of the world who claim society is so intolerant and insensitive to fat people and their needs... when in reality they just need to get off their fat asses and DO something about their condition, instead of deciding to just "live with it" and blame society for not accepting them.

Offline ItsOK

• Glorp.
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 04:57:17 AM »
Anyway after re-reading this thread.... I can't believe I spent this much time arguing with a bunch of grown men who walk around wearing bras.

So, a-man, why are you still here?  You expressed your opinion long ago.  Insults and name calling don't really add that much to the discussion.

Different strokes for different folks.  Why can't we all accept this?  For some people, surgery is the right answer.  For others, it's not.  Is that really so hard to understand?

Offline hondacrx

• Quando Omni Flunkus Mortati
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2005, 05:00:47 AM »
a-man

You are forgetting some things:

1)  Not everyone can afford surgery.
2)  Surgery doesn't always work.  They can come back.
3)  Not everyone is obese or even fat here.
4)  Although relatively safe, any surgery does have risks.
5)  Excercise won't fix the problem if it is caused by hormones.

What makes you so great vs us who must find other ways to deal with our condition?

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2005, 02:31:42 PM »
I think the issue is one of self-respect.  NO self-respecting man would wear a bra and be happy with that.  It's disgusting.

I think most men would rather blow their brains out.  At least they'd die with some dignity.

It's hard to believe this thread is real.  Just a bunch of cross-dressers looking for an excuse to cross dress.

Offline Pferdestärken

• Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2005, 08:04:53 AM »
The bottom line surely is that we all care what we look like, and our position in society is to an extent determined by what we look like. First impressions count, and for most people that first impression is visual. If you are genuinely past caring what others think of you then fine, more power to you.  In a society obsessed with personal appearance you are in a small and very privileged minority. The original poster is not one of you however, as witnessed by his timidity at going public.

While I may agree that men should be free to wear some form of support garment if required, actually doing so will be considered strange by the vast majority of the population - it is just not the norm, however sensible. (But then neither is having breasts.)

Someone posted that they
actually enjoy them at quiet times and could not imagine two large scars and nipples without sensation.
The first part of this is frankly more information than decency requires, nothing more to be said.

The second part reveals a degree of ignorance - as do comments about hacking off body parts and self mutilation by proxy.

I do not feel multilated in any way, I have two very small and unnoticeable scars, and my nipples have full sensation. What I don't have, now, is two huge pendulous breast which require external support.

Jerry, you should seek out a bra which attempts to flatten rather than accentuate the breast, as most womens bras would naturally ten to. Sports bras may be the answer, and skin coloured would help in keeping the bra hidden. Good luck.
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2005, 07:16:41 AM »
If you develop breasts late in life (far after puberty) you should go to a doctor.  You could have a tumor in the testes or adrenal glands.  

But I suppose you wouldn't want to treat that if you did.  Better to wear a bra.  

Offline girlieman

• Bigger Is Better
    • New World Order
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2005, 08:04:51 PM »
If you develop breasts late in life (far after puberty) you should go to a doctor.  You could have a tumor in the testes or adrenal glands.  

And winged monkeys could fly out my äss, too, I suppose.  The former is slightly more probable than the latter.
'I could never be a woman.  I'd spend the entire day playing with my breasts' - Woody Allen

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2005, 06:54:32 AM »
I'm boobstay, I think you mad a good choice. I'm in a simular sit. my health want let me do anything about it.
Med. probs. have made me impatant anyway. After awhile the bra will be secont nature to ya.
I don't give a danm what people thing either. Humans are to quik to judge!!!! Haven't meet a perfect one yet!!!!!!!!! Just be yourself to hell with opinions!!!!!
Boobstay    

Offline Paa_Paw

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2005, 05:05:54 PM »
This issue can be condensed to a great degree.

Not everyone is a good candidate for surgery.  The reasons are many, with finances and other medical conditions being only two good examples.  

Most men could not fill a bra so for them this is not an issue.  Others have need of one for physical comfort.  If there is a need, get one that provides the needed support. There is nothing sissy about meeting a legitimate need.

In my own case, I do not need one on a daily basis but ocasionally wear an athletic bra when engaged in active work or recreation to control the jiggle and bounce. If that offends anyone, it is their problem rather than mine.
Grandpa Dan

xx
wearing a bra

Started by bman on Acceptance Garments

3 Replies
Last post May 12, 2008, 05:43:30 PM
by 13genof
xx
What it looks like wearing a bra with or without shirt?

Started by CrewdsX on Acceptance Garments

19 Replies
Last post October 11, 2017, 02:10:13 AM
by Paa_Paw
xx
Wearing bra 24/7 is bad

Started by Bman41 on Acceptance Garments

2 Replies
Last post June 25, 2012, 09:16:06 PM
by Paa_Paw
cheesy
I enjoy wearing a bra