Hello Guest

Ongoing battle against gyn... (7 months into it)

• 14 Replies
Ongoing battle against gyn... (7 months into it)
« on: June 20, 2007, 10:03:04 PM »
It's been 7 months since I first started to battle against my Gyn. I weighed 235 pounds (21 years old) and rarely, if ever, worked out. My eating habits were worse for wear too (text is bolded so it wont get lost in the pics). Pics in chronological order. First pic is 7 months ago.

After 2 months dieting, no working out, i didnt see much change...

Then after about 3 or 4 months of just dieting, no real working out, I started to notice it looked a little worse :-P

UGH That wasnt a good deal. SO, I started hitting up the gym regularly. It's been 7 months total now, and here are my current pictures

Honest opinion folks... how's it looking? (NOTE: Im not done... this is just the 7 month marker. So don't give up on me yet. I know it still looks bad but I still have weight to lose and working out to be done)

NOTE: yes there is some weird brown stuff on my stomach. Notice the farmers tan? Yea I got the bright idea to try to use this "tan in a bottle" stuff that REALLY didnt stay on me that well... note to any of you out there considering it: dont. lol. Its gonna be at least another week before that stuff wears off lol.

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=10618.0

Re: Ongoing battle against gyn... (7 months into it)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 10:49:31 PM »
Thanks. :)

I REALLY wanted to avoid surgery. Not for any kind of religious or monetary convictions. I have an TERRIBLE fear of surgeries. I cant even see videos of people during recovery. Just the pictures of people with the bandages after a gyn surgery I start writhing in my chair.

Not sure why... just hate cuts I guess.

Im really thankful for the kind words tho! :) It does make me feel better. A little ways to go!

Offline Punta

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 12:01:30 AM »
Your chest area is looking much better, well done. Hopefully you can get it to a level through diet/exercise where you are happy. That is a decision you will have to make yourself.

Glad your stated the marks on your stomach were fake tan. When I was looking at the photo's was thinking to myself, "this dude has come off second best in a fight with a bottle of fake tan"!!! I can't talk, I use it every day.

Good luck...

Offline cm

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 12:37:20 AM »
Your chest area is looking much better, well done. Hopefully you can get it to a level through diet/exercise where you are happy. That is a decision you will have to make yourself.

I agree with Punta. Your results are great. It wont be long before you will start to have some ab outline. If the chest tightened up that much during 4 months of working out, hopefully it can tighten up more and then it would look very good. Your progress is amazing, ur arms were bigger before but they were soft, now they ar angular and look much stronger. They have shape. Your chest has had a phenominal improvement!!! You should definately be happy, and stick to the program for the time being as long ass the chest continues to improve. My mild gyne only looks bad when im over 18%body fat. now im under 14% but i lost alot of muscle as well due to injury. Im therefor gona get to 10% Bodyfat before I make any decissions. At 13-14% my gyne is hardly noticable, exect if i ran without a top on!! jiggle jiggle. I used to be a gym instrutor, and i think whaterver type of training and diet you have been doing is working realy well! Good Work dude!!

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 01:44:39 PM »
You got very good results... Now hit the gym and build up a greek god's chest!!!
You can find the success before sweating only on your dictionary.

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 03:01:12 PM »
Thats what Im hoping to do!

Offline vile

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 06:15:34 AM »
Great results! I'm happy for you you didnt go for surgery. Usually I think that surgery is only required when diet and going to the gym doesnt work, and only if you have glandular that sticks your nipples out in an uncomfotable way, like i had. Good going, from what I see there you have nothing ATM. Keep it up and that fat will turn into muscles soon enough.

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 12:48:29 AM »
WOW

your progress has given me HOPE, big time hope..

my condition (currently) looks like your 7 month old photo (sorry no pics), but i've been hiting the gym for 2 weeks and i've already lost 5 pounds.

i have lot of body fat (atm it's at 23%), i weight 160 pounds but have a beer gut.

anyways, this just proves that if you keep working on it and with a good diet and exercise it will go down.

can you tell me which exercises and what kinda diet you did that brought you to your current condition.

good job and keep working on it and i will be working on mine too.

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 01:11:01 AM »
It's called "The Hackers Diet". The basic principle is just to count cals, %s, etc. I eat at the same time every day to keep my metabolism at its best, I eat no more than 1700 calories (you need to eat less than your body uses if you wish to lose weight. BUT you dont need to eat less than a certain amount of calories or you'll starve yourself and it'll backfire. 1700 is a good number at 6'3"). But most important of all is the sat fat and carbs. Keep those %s under 100 and you are ok.

For meals I have breakfast early (like 6 or 7). Then at 9 I have a protien shake. around 11 or so lunch. 3PM protien shake. 5PM supper.

The protien shakes are VERY important. You body requires x amount of protien to keep from eating muscle mass. If you are losing weight this can be a big problem. My body needs 92g of protien a day (google it to find out yours) so those 2 shakes + the rest of the meals gives me roughly 95g. :)

I only drink water, and skim milk (mostly water. just milk for cereal and the 2 shakes).

Ive been doing that since Jan and that alone has shown massive results.

As for working on. Mon/Wed/Fri I go to the gym and do upper body work. I try to do as many sets of chest exercises as possible. And several different types. I do 3 diff chest exercises, 10 reps, usually 4 or 5 sets. Also 2 back ones, 1 bicept, 1 tricep, 1 forearm, and 1 shoulder workout. Each at 4 sets each. (you can see my biggest focus is back and chest. Back is VERY important. Some gyn goes around under the arms towards the back, by working it out you can help a bit there too. Neither of these seem to do too much, but every little bit helps :))

Tues/Thurs/Sat/Sun I do cardio. I started out walkin, now I run. :) A long... long... long way. Go whatever distance you are comfy with.

I dont know how proper this workout is, but this is EXACTLY what Ive done, and what I continue to do. If someone wishes to critique it, please do so. :)

Offline Jackd

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 09:08:53 AM »
I can't believe how much you've changed, especially in a relatively short space of time.

I really wish I could stick to a diet and exercise program as well as you, I think I'd notice massive improvements and results as well.  :-[

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 02:25:47 PM »
It just takes the right motivation. One day you'll find yours, and end up kicking into gear too :)

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 06:51:02 PM »
Thats a fantastic change, and well more proof that just fat loss will most likely make them bigger and more prominent rather then reducing them.  How it is now is near normal I would say, excellent work.

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 01:06:10 PM »
Anyone who is winning against weight loss deserves a clap, ha. You are defo winning the battle. Even more so with the hairs ;). Keep goin mate....an enjoy it too of you can, I found the exercise more rewarding than just tacklin my chest.

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 06:00:30 PM »
well done man
i hoped to be lucky as u but i didnt
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,10955.0.html
here it is my topic, actually i dnt have pic before dieting but here it is my pics
actually i lost about 50 Kilogram without excerses do u think going to the gym will fix it ??

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 12:10:39 AM »
Good work, your workout seems similar to mine which I just started up again. I think I will take some before pictures and follow up a few months from now. I personally can't affoard surgury but would love to have it done before the end of the year.

xx
Ongoing Battle Against Gyne (8 months) *EDITTED!: TAN*

Started by King_kaboodle on User Photos

3 Replies
Last post July 22, 2007, 10:11:14 PM
by King_kaboodle
xx
6 months of ongoing gyno..

Started by absec9 on Gynecomastia Talk

9 Replies
Last post August 20, 2010, 03:19:08 PM
by absec9