Hello Guest

6mths post-op, opinions please

• 6 Replies
6mths post-op, opinions please
« on: May 30, 2009, 02:20:51 PM »
I had gynecomastia surgery roughly 6mths ago and excision and lipo was used. I was told that 150cc of fat was removed. The results I find are mixed, Im not necessarily pleased with how it looks right now but that could be because I had too high of expectations but I will admit it does look way better then it did before the surgery. Having said all this, I wanted some opinions from others to see what I should do, whether that would be going for a revision, working out the chest area or some other techniques. I don't find my chest to be all that flat and to me it appears that Ive got saggy skin in the chest area. Do you guys think I could still have gynecomastia, could I just have some chest far that can be eliminated by exercise or am I just paranoid? Ive included some pics so you can judge for yourselves.

Your comments would be much appreaciated

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17902.0

Re: 6mths post-op, opinions please
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 03:20:20 PM »
Dr Narini was my doctor

I guess my concern mostly is whether or not this is correctable through working out. Like I said previously, it is much better then it was. The doctor said that I had an unusual type of tissue that had grown which he removed. Do you think that what I have now is possibly just excess chest fat? I was previously overweight 230lbs but I lost a lot of weight since I was 230lbs. Im now 175lbs and 6ft tall. I did not lose the weight the proper way, I did cut out all junk food but I also did not eat the right amount of food either which contributer more to me losing weight.

Offline Jake

• My body is my temple.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 03:23:42 PM »
Men tend to put on weight in the stomach and chest first.  So there is most likely some fat in your chest.  Would losing a few pounds benefit you?  Maybe.  But you'll want to keep up exercising and eating healthy to maintain it.  If you went through surgery overweight, this could have played a major role in the end result since you have lost a significant amount of weight since surgery.

Other than that, your chest looks fine to me.  Had I not known you had surgery, I wouldn't have suspected that there was anything ever wrong. Honestly, it all looks pretty proportionate.  

Giantfan is right on about the surgeon's perspective too.  It's called gynecomastia "reduction" for a reason.

Best wishes!  
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 04:08:55 PM »
I was 180lbs when I went into surgery. Im thinking too that he may not have removed enough fat. Now if it is just that I got too much fat, wouldn't some cario to reduce overall body fat help it out?

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 06:26:29 PM »
I think Im going to visit him again and talk to the surgeon and see if he see's anything he feels he could improve on. Personally, I feel its just chest fat because Im not very toned at all throughout my body so I could have some lose skin (saggy skin) but then again I don't really know how to tell the difference between regular chest fat or gynecomastia.

I'll try to post some more pics later on.

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 03:31:49 PM »
I just took a look at your pics, and they remind me quite a bit of how I look now that I'm post-op. Are you washboard flat? Definitely not. But I see a completely normal looking chest there.

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 06:02:44 PM »
I agree that you look perfectly normal to me.  I am in the process of trying to select a doctor for my surgery (what a process!).  We all want the extreme of what we have now but in reality men have some contour to their chests.  I watched Two and a Half men last night and Charlie and Allen both had their shirts off.  Damn, they didn't look that much better than I do and I haven't had the surgery yet. LOL

Do see your physician to get his take on the result.  He may make you feel much better.  I think he did a good job!  ;D

clip
Post op opinions please

Started by Roberthanssjvc on Ask a Doctor

6 Replies
Last post January 30, 2018, 09:54:20 PM
by Roberthanssjvc
xx
First post: opinions more than welcome

Started by JamesU on User Photos

4 Replies
Last post August 03, 2008, 02:44:10 PM
by balalayka