Hello Guest

Deciding on a surgeon - HELP!

• 10 Replies

Offline ApH

Deciding on a surgeon - HELP!
« on: March 05, 2019, 01:40:02 PM »
hi guys - I’m a long term reader - amazing content on here. 
I’m tossing and turning at night debating between Dr. Nurein or Dr Clark - I keep looking how reasonable price Dr Clark is and work seems to be of a high standard. But Dr. Nurein is round the corner from me but obv more expensive. Any advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=34185.0

Re: Deciding on a surgeon - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 09:00:08 AM »
Hey
Im in a smilier boat as you. Deciding between cheaper price but further away from home or more expensive but closer to home.

Ultimately I'd rather pay a little more but have less to travel to/from pre/post surgery. 

Hopefully booking in for surgery this summer (although I'd like it earlier so I can enjoy the results wearing a t-shirt outside :))

Offline ApH

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 11:51:37 AM »
Yes i just dont think i can go through with having the surgery in another country and spend a week alone in a hotel room - 

i am very seriously considering Dr. Nurein now that i have seen a video of him performing vaser and gland removal. 

where are you looking mate? 

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 02:59:54 PM »
Yeh I considered abroad a couple of years ago but never went any further with it. I'm currently looking at Philip Turton/Leeds Nuffield - only 20 mins from home. 
I've seen today that they ask for a male hormone test from my GP prior to even a consultation, have you come across that anywhere you've been looking? 

Offline ApH

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 03:27:45 PM »
No never heard of that pre-consultation mate - he looks a good shout, what kind of price is he?? 

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 05:09:13 PM »
It’s looking up towards the £5k mark which is crazy isn’t it but the more I think about it the more it’s worth it. I just wish I’d been this close to doing it 10 years agos! 

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 02:20:54 AM »
I had surgery 4 weeks ago with Dr. Nurein, happy to answer any questions you guys might have :)

Offline ApH

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 05:44:15 AM »
Have you got any surgery pics from Nurein? 
I’ve been liaising with -- and so far they seem really good - communications etc. 
Really can’t decie at the moment!!

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 05:21:09 PM »
Hey
Im in a smilier boat as you. Deciding between cheaper price but further away from home or more expensive but closer to home.

Ultimately I'd rather pay a little more but have less to travel to/from pre/post surgery.

Hopefully booking in for surgery this summer (although I'd like it earlier so I can enjoy the results wearing a t-shirt outside :))
I wouldn't get surgery during the summer. The compression vest would be unbearable! It was unbearable some days in January imagine in June or July!!

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 03:18:03 PM »
Do any of you guys get pain from your gyno lumps? I'm concerned if I get it cut out it'll just grow back since it very slowly has been getting bigger over the years, an awful lot of £££ for nothing. 

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2019, 07:28:27 AM »
Do any of you guys get pain from your gyno lumps? I'm concerned if I get it cut out it'll just grow back since it very slowly has been getting bigger over the years, an awful lot of £££ for nothing.
They won't grow back mate as the glands are removed. I used to get pain in the lumps and it was one of the main reasons for getting it done as well as all of the other reasons!

xx
Help deciding on a surgeon

Started by Quasi on Ask a Doctor

1 Replies
Last post June 14, 2011, 05:56:25 PM
by Litlriki
xx
deciding what way to go !!

Started by rayden on Gynecomastia Talk

1 Replies
Last post May 21, 2012, 12:54:54 PM
by thetodd
xx
Need help deciding (pics included)

Started by hello84 on User Photos

3 Replies
Last post November 30, 2010, 02:40:32 AM
by henry 41
xx
Deciding on a doctor? How do you narrow it down/compare them?

Started by darth_kid on Gynecomastia Talk

6 Replies
Last post June 21, 2007, 07:54:40 AM
by JeepKuntry