Hello Guest

Follow-up surgery for puffy nipples

• 3 Replies
« on: September 02, 2006, 06:57:51 AM »
I went in for a post-op visit with my plastic surgeon and mentioned to him while my chest looks good, my left nipple is still as puffy.  This shows up particularly when I exercise.  He said he wanted to give it about 2 months and then he could remove some more tissue under local in his office.  Seems a little scary.  He is supposed to be an excellent surgeon.  Anyone had any experience with that?

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=7294.0

DrBermant

Re: Follow-up surgery for puffy nipples
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 08:33:18 AM »
I went in for a post-op visit with my plastic surgeon and mentioned to him while my chest looks good, my left nipple is still as puffy.  This shows up particularly when I exercise.  He said he wanted to give it about 2 months and then he could remove some more tissue under local in his office.  Seems a little scary.  He is supposed to be an excellent surgeon.  Anyone had any experience with that?

Timing for surgery depends on many factors.  Tissue needs to soften before most types of revision surgery.  

I have performed many revision gynecomastia operations and have much experience in secondary surgery.  Revision surgery sometimes involves compromizes, realistic expectations are essential.

The need for Revision Gynecomastia Surgery varies depending on the problem to be treated, surgical technique(s), skill of the surgeon, and other factors.  I know of only a very few patients of mine who had revision surgery - the number is about one percent (and that includes patients I have not done but found out about).  

There can be many elements involved in revision gynecomastia surgery.  Deformities can include the access scar(s), remaining gland and scar after liposuction alone, and adhesion deformities.

Some crater deformities can be so extensive that there is not enough tissue left for revision.

Such questions are better explored during a consultation after an evaluation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 07:03:40 PM »
Who was your doctor ?

Offline nonini

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 04:06:44 AM »

How long ago did u have the surgery? It could just be swelling.

xx

Started by cabtex on Post Surgery and Healing After Surgery

0 Replies
Last post September 02, 2006, 06:57:51 AM
by cabtex
xx
Bermant - Anatomy of Gynecomastia, Puffy Nipples, and Inverted Nipples

Started by DrBermant on Patient Galleries

0 Replies
Last post July 06, 2008, 10:53:11 AM
by DrBermant
xx
Can i get rid of puffy nipples without having surgery?

Started by scott bev on Puffy Nipples

2 Replies
Last post May 21, 2007, 03:54:19 AM
by SmileOnTrobles
xx
puffy nipples after surgery?

Started by house007 on Surgery Experiences

0 Replies
Last post January 25, 2006, 11:47:19 AM
by house007