Hello Guest

do i need to let surgeon know i have had 2 gyno operations previoysly

• 3 Replies
my insurance has approved me to get gyno surgery but its still up to the surgeon if he feels it is necessary or not. i wouldnt mind telling the surgeon i have had 2 previous surgeries for my gyno but i dont want it to effect my insurance status and it being covered. is it important i let the surgeon know i have had 2 previous surgeries? if i tell him the truth is it possible he would elect not to do the surgery or possibly tell the insurance company i have had it done in the past? not sure if that could change my insurance status or not...

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=32177.0

Offline Paa_Paw

Re: do i need to let surgeon know i have had 2 gyno operations previoysly
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 03:04:15 AM »
After repeated surgeries in the same place, your circulation in that area might be compromised to some degree. The surgeon needs to know your full history in order to plan for such things because your ability to heal might be effected to some degree.   
Grandpa Dan

hammer

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 07:03:54 AM »
After repeated surgeries in the same place, your circulation in that area might be compromised to some degree. The surgeon needs to know your full history in order to plan for such things because your ability to heal might be effected to some degree.  

As a man that has had 8 surgeries I have to agree Paa_Paw, and I also believe that honesty is the best policy!

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 12:33:11 AM »
I also believe honesty is the best policy I just don't want it to jeopardize my insurance. Currently they are going to pay for it but I'm not sure if they will still pay for it if they find out I've had 2 prior surgeries. Can anyone speak to that? Thanks 

xx
My surgeon offers free revision operations

Started by Stevew87 on Gynecomastia Talk

10 Replies
Last post June 30, 2017, 12:09:24 PM
by longdrives
xx
10 Operations / year. Enough?

Started by MaxMax on Gynecomastia Talk

2 Replies
Last post November 28, 2006, 07:10:34 PM
by flex1appeal
xx
After Many Years and Two Operations... I Think I Have Finally Won the Battle!

Started by LMC1307 on Revision Surgery

16 Replies
Last post November 10, 2008, 07:28:07 AM
by robjow
xx
Opinions on operations in costa rica?

Started by BringExtraDragons on Gynecomastia Talk

1 Replies
Last post February 12, 2008, 10:17:59 AM
by scrrnut