Hello Guest

Crater revision blog with Dr.Jacobs

• 3 Replies
Crater revision blog with Dr.Jacobs
« on: December 20, 2019, 08:20:02 PM »
Well everyone here we go! After alot of research I've recently booked a consultation with Dr.Jacobs to see what he has to say about my crater revision case. I'm flying from british columbia canada to laguardia airport in New York to see him on january 15th.

So far all i can say is his receptionist was great and very understanding of everything over the phone. She helped me with which airport would be best to fly into and where I should stay the night ect. She also asked basic questions about my surgical history. I wasnt charged a consultation fee which is great because the flight out there and back will be about 500 canadian. 

I want to blog this whole process from start to finish to help all of those in the same situation as me. I will start by attaching photos of my current situation. I've had one surgery and one revision in each side. The first surgery left too much. The second one took too much. Both done by the same surgeon. My surgeon agreed in my follow up that I have room for improvement and he suggested 3 options. Fat grafting from my hip. Fat flaps. Or Alloderm sheets. Im taking it upon myself to get opinions from different surgeons as I dont feel comfortable for him to operate on me again at this point. I'm 10 months post op. Dr.Jacobs seems to be the most experienced at repairing craters so I'm hoping he can help me. I dont feel like I have any more chances after this. So I want to make sure it's done right.

Wish me luck.

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=35539.0

Re: Crater revision blog with Dr.Jacobs
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 02:33:01 PM »
Well my consultation is complete. I just arrived back home from NYC after consulting with Dr.jacobs. The entire consultation lasted about 15 minutes. He asked me some basic questions. I took my shirt off and he took some measurements. He then explained a detailed preface for the fat flap procedure before asking if I had any questions. I was very jet lagged and slept about 3 hours that night so I definitely came up with more questions after our meeting was over. However his secretary was very helpful and said that i can email any additional questions about the procedure. She also showed me some before and after photos.

At this point the excitement of meeting with Dr.J is over. I've gotten the info that I needed. Now the feeling I have after knowing my options is basically nervouseness/uneasyness about going through the whole thing again. He said he can improve my situation but not to 100% of course. After meeting with dadvand, delgado and Jacob's I can definetly say that Jacob's seems to be my best option. 

The only thing stopping me from the revision at this point is fear of making things worse. I'm taking a couple of days to come up with a list of final questions I can email him before making my final decision. If I go through with a 3rd procedure I really want to make sure it's the last.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 11:22:10 PM »
Hi Glandzilla,

Any updates?  Fellow Canadian with a crater who was also interested in this exact doctor.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 11:59:18 PM »
Hey Tony,

No updates as of yet. I'm still exploring more options and doing alot of research. Ive met with several doctors in the states aswell as a few in canada. I travelled for 2 days to meet with Dr. Jacob's in new york and it was as good as it could have been. BRIEF but to the point. He said he can improve the situation but obviously not to perfection. If your a candidate for fat flaps then he is probabaly your best option considering his experience with the procedure. My only concern is the necessity of additional liposuction which I'm reluctant to do. My quote is good untill may so I'm taking my time to explore all options first. His practice is the real deal and no bullshit. I was shown many before and afters from the flap procedure. I will say that doctor Jacob's has been practicing for 40 + years though... so if you do want to go with him your time is ticking.

Most experts state that fat grafting is not effective for craters however I've recently met with a doctor who says otherwise and showed me pictures of an insanely botched case. I'm not kidding, it looked like the guy was gouged out with a pocket knife. He was repaired considerably with multiple sessions of fat grafting. I know of a guy who is going in for a revision with this same doctor in a couple weeks so I'm standing by to see how it goes for him. Fat grafting is highly unpredictable and even if it works it may be only a 10% improvement. Although I've seen cases of women who have had fully reconstructed breasts with grafting alone. I do think theres some merit there. There is also a possibility of free dermal grafts from other areas of the body but this poses more of a donor site concern.

Also look into a product called Renuva. Its expensive and still in early development but it might be worth while in some cases. Maybe further advancements in science will make it more of a reality down the road. Some type of additive procedure is more appealing to me then removing more tissue in my chest area.

The bottom line is that this is such a niche procedure and there are few doctors who can offer reputable results such as doctor Jacob's. You really only have a few doctors to choose from. I will say to Steer clear of a particular doctor from northern california who makes great claims in repairing craters. It was a huge waste of time. I've literally seen all of the top docs from the forums and websites ect. I suggest you do alot of research and dont belive in a quick fix. Take your time with this. In the mean time getting insanely lean will reduce the crater dramatically. I learned this from experience and other bodybuilder friends.

PM me if you wanna link up online and share information.

xx
Crater Revision With Dr. Bermant

Started by clevelandguy1980 on Revision Surgery

29 Replies
Last post August 14, 2011, 04:54:59 PM
by DrBermant
xx
Crater revision! Help (pics)

Started by Calabria on Revision Surgery

7 Replies
Last post December 08, 2015, 05:09:34 PM
by Dr. Elliot Jacobs
xx
Revision with Dr. Bermant (Crater Deformity)

Started by clevelandguy1980 on Surgery Experiences

2 Replies
Last post November 29, 2010, 01:04:30 PM
by tonysoprano
xx
Has anyone undergone revision for CRATER deformity ?

Started by nutella on Revision Surgery

2 Replies
Last post November 18, 2013, 11:21:38 AM
by Dr. Elliot Jacobs