Hello Guest

Crater revision blog with Dr.Jacobs

• 1 Replies
Crater revision blog with Dr.Jacobs
« on: December 20, 2019, 08:20:02 PM »
Well everyone here we go! After alot of research I've recently booked a consultation with Dr.Jacobs to see what he has to say about my crater revision case. I'm flying from british columbia canada to laguardia airport in New York to see him on january 15th.

So far all i can say is his receptionist was great and very understanding of everything over the phone. She helped me with which airport would be best to fly into and where I should stay the night ect. She also asked basic questions about my surgical history. I wasnt charged a consultation fee which is great because the flight out there and back will be about 500 canadian. 

I want to blog this whole process from start to finish to help all of those in the same situation as me. I will start by attaching photos of my current situation. I've had one surgery and one revision in each side. The first surgery left too much. The second one took too much. Both done by the same surgeon. My surgeon agreed in my follow up that I have room for improvement and he suggested 3 options. Fat grafting from my hip. Fat flaps. Or Alloderm sheets. Im taking it upon myself to get opinions from different surgeons as I dont feel comfortable for him to operate on me again at this point. I'm 10 months post op. Dr.Jacobs seems to be the most experienced at repairing craters so I'm hoping he can help me. I dont feel like I have any more chances after this. So I want to make sure it's done right.

Wish me luck.

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=35539.0

Re: Crater revision blog with Dr.Jacobs
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 02:33:01 PM »
Well my consultation is complete. I just arrived back home from NYC after consulting with Dr.jacobs. The entire consultation lasted about 15 minutes. He asked me some basic questions. I took my shirt off and he took some measurements. He then explained a detailed preface for the fat flap procedure before asking if I had any questions. I was very jet lagged and slept about 3 hours that night so I definitely came up with more questions after our meeting was over. However his secretary was very helpful and said that i can email any additional questions about the procedure. She also showed me some before and after photos.

At this point the excitement of meeting with Dr.J is over. I've gotten the info that I needed. Now the feeling I have after knowing my options is basically nervouseness/uneasyness about going through the whole thing again. He said he can improve my situation but not to 100% of course. After meeting with dadvand, delgado and Jacob's I can definetly say that Jacob's seems to be my best option. 

The only thing stopping me from the revision at this point is fear of making things worse. I'm taking a couple of days to come up with a list of final questions I can email him before making my final decision. If I go through with a 3rd procedure I really want to make sure it's the last.

xx
Crater Revision With Dr. Bermant

Started by clevelandguy1980 on Revision Surgery

29 Replies
Last post August 14, 2011, 04:54:59 PM
by DrBermant
xx
Crater revision! Help (pics)

Started by Calabria on Revision Surgery

7 Replies
Last post December 08, 2015, 05:09:34 PM
by Dr. Elliot Jacobs
xx
Has anyone undergone revision for CRATER deformity ?

Started by nutella on Revision Surgery

2 Replies
Last post November 18, 2013, 11:21:38 AM
by Dr. Elliot Jacobs
xx
Revision with Dr. Bermant (Crater Deformity)

Started by clevelandguy1980 on Surgery Experiences

2 Replies
Last post November 29, 2010, 01:04:30 PM
by tonysoprano