Hello Guest

Tape - replacing it

  • 1 Replies
Tape - replacing it
« on: March 10, 2010, 03:02:09 PM »
3 weeks post-op after puffy-nipple operation (lipo and gland removal). I'm completly flat on one side but still swollen on the other side.

I'm now thinking about replacing the tape that is under the nipple areas and also lower on the chest as well. But is it just to take it off (in the shower to make it easier of course), and then just put on some other tape over? Or do I need some kind of special tape?

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=20263.0

Re: Tape - replacing it
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 06:14:57 AM »
The tape is probably called a steri-strip and surgeons may use them to further support the sutured wound.  They are there for a purpose and I would suggest you call or return to your surgeon to make this inquiry -- he may have had special reasons for the use of the strips and may want them on for a longer period of time.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
815 Park Avenue
New York, New York 10021
Telephone:  (212) 570-6080
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com
Website:  http://www.gynecomastiasurgery.com
Website:  http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/revi

Removing Tape

Started by macman213 on Ask a Doctor

1 Replies
Last post June 02, 2014, 03:39:23 PM
by DrPensler
Stra Tape

Started by vaio on Gynecomastia Talk

5 Replies
Last post March 09, 2005, 11:52:59 AM
by rcbrown23
tape over incisions?

Started by gynebob3 on Post Surgery and Healing After Surgery

1 Replies
Last post October 31, 2006, 02:26:35 PM
by The Real Deal
Gauze & Tape under Arms

Started by Miggsy on U.K.

15 Replies
Last post March 02, 2007, 12:53:16 PM
by joe_mate2