Hello Guest

Surgical tapes

• 0 Replies
Surgical tapes
« on: January 24, 2011, 02:22:38 AM »
Can someone please explain what function do the surgical tapes serve? I guess they protect the skin near the incisions from infecting, is that right? It's my fifth day after surgery and my skin was so unbearably itchy that I had to remove the vest and the tape for a short time. Previously (yesterday and the day before) I had removed the vest once or twice as well, for very short periods of time when I was going absolutely nuts (less than 3 minutes each time). I have three or four tapes on each nipple placed in different directions. Afterwards, I reapplied the same tapes, only now they do not feel as tight as they used to before I removed them. I guess the doctor attached them in a way that they would provide further compression. Or is that not what the tapes are used for? Did I make a mistake by removing the vest and the tapes for a moment? I only did it to keep my sanity. I still wear the vest and the tapes at least 23 hours and 55 minutes in the day. I'm just worried that I reapplied the tapes ineptly. Or is it fine as long as they are there?

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22355.0

xx
When can I remove the surgical tapes??

Started by hello84 on Gynecomastia Talk

1 Replies
Last post August 02, 2012, 04:54:18 PM
by Ali19
xx
just took off my tapes...

Started by Ali19 on Gynecomastia Talk

1 Replies
Last post July 31, 2012, 09:55:48 PM
by Paa_Paw
xx
Which surgical facility is better? Doctor own vs 3rd party surgical center?

Started by Dlink on Gynecomastia Talk

1 Replies
Last post December 02, 2013, 09:59:51 PM
by George Pope, M.D.
xx
Non Surgical

Started by hawthorne on Gynecomastia Talk

16 Replies
Last post July 21, 2006, 02:23:12 PM
by hawthorne