Hello Guest

Post Surgery, swelling but no drains?

• 1 Replies

Offline dadz

Post Surgery, swelling but no drains?
« on: November 03, 2010, 02:36:14 AM »
I talked to my surgeon about this earlier during my followup, but he insists that he doesn't want to use drain tubes. My right side is fine with the expected tenderness and soreness, but my left side is very swollen and is still leaking fluids out through the lipo incision. I'm wearing a compression vest and a binder and only remove them to shower, but I'm just wondering what the common practice is as far as using drains. It just seemed as though there was a LOT of excess fluid/blood that need to come out of here but he said the "best" way is to let the compression vest take care of it. Appreciate your info.

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21852.0

Offline dadz

Re: Post Surgery, swelling but no drains?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:24:50 AM »
Alright so I showered and changed the dressings this morning and it really doesn't seem like the site is draining anymore and it looks as though the holes are closing up. My right side looks absolutely fine but my left is increasingly more bruised and looks larger than what it was in the first place and I know this is all a result of swelling. Should I simply insist that he inserts a drain or takes out the fluids with a syringe? From my searching, it doesn't seem like common practice to just let the patient experience swelling like this and fluid accumulation without attempting to drain. I'm not sure why the surgeon is so adamant about this. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

xx
Hand/Fingers swelling after gynecomastia surgery (I have drains as-well)

Started by s00ntobe on Ask a Doctor

3 Replies
Last post July 16, 2015, 04:47:16 PM
by DrPensler
xx
Surgery in 32 days - Drains or No Drains? Missing Work?

Started by andy_v800 on Surgery Preparation

4 Replies
Last post April 25, 2016, 04:26:37 PM
by Paa_Paw
xx
No Drains Post Surgery?

Started by neenos on Gynecomastia Talk

5 Replies
Last post June 27, 2007, 08:59:20 PM
by neenos
xx
post surgery swelling