Hello Guest

post surgery precautions-please help

• 1 Replies

Offline regularguy

• Gyne removed surgically March 2010
post surgery precautions-please help
« on: March 11, 2010, 03:51:59 AM »
hi guys

i'll be off to my gyne op in 2 days' time. as i live alone, i hope you guys who have been through the op share some post surgery tips with me please.

i plan to go back to work on monday, is the pain bearable?

i read that standing up from bed with a compression vest might be a little challenging. is it true? can i wear a backpack post surgery to work? how mobile am i? should i have a friend stay with me a few days to watch on me?

other things to look out for will be greatly appreciated.

thanks so much.

rg

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=20273.0

Re: post surgery precautions-please help
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 04:50:42 AM »
I had Eliot in NYC -- worth the extra money. Used twilight anesthesia, not general. More like a heavy colonoscopy. Did lipo with a special instrument that gets gland, too. And damn if it didn't. Anyway, pain -- not too bad at all. I stayed in a hotel room and went to sleep afterwards with some Tylenol-plus. Sleeping on my back was hard, did some of it on my side. No other choice. Next day I hurt. Probably would not have gone into work. But the vest garment they give you is good. Had a script for Tylenol with Codene but never used it. You are more uncomfortable and a little immobile for a day or two than in serious PAIN. You can hack it easily. Trust me. I'd rather do this kind of pain than have a bad flu for a week. Of course is someone smacks you in the chest, you ain't gonna like it. But still, pre-surgery anxiety will be the biggest deal. And once you are through that you'll wonder like most of on here why you didn't do it years ago.

xx
Pre-op Precautions LIST

Started by monzo on Gynecomastia Talk

17 Replies
Last post May 23, 2005, 12:38:45 PM
by monzo
xx
Surgery with Dr. Herbosa post Lipo and Post Excision Pics. Manila, PH.

Started by junichihibiki on User Photos

3 Replies
Last post July 25, 2007, 05:43:36 AM
by junichihibiki
smiley
Surgery with Dr. Herbosa post Lipo and Post Excision Pics.

Started by junichihibiki on Asia

7 Replies
Last post September 12, 2007, 03:47:32 AM
by sadgyneguy
smiley
4 Weeks Post - Surgery done with Dr. Levick - 2/10/13 + Pre/Post Photos

Started by Osian123 on U.K.

14 Replies
Last post November 07, 2013, 05:34:33 PM
by Osian123