Hello Guest

How long after surgery could you raise your arms

• 4 Replies

londonman

How long after surgery could you raise your arms
« on: November 12, 2006, 10:50:58 AM »
How long after surgery could you raise your arms above your head and really stretch?

I can one side but not the other (2 weeks post-op) and I'm not sure if that's normal or a sign I have skin tethered or something?

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=7482.0

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Re: How long after surgery could you raise your ar
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 01:55:43 PM »
I could raise both arms with some pain before that.  Everybody's different, though.  I suggest you call your PS ASAP and tell your concerns.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 02:39:44 PM »
3.5 weeks post op...my right side no problem.  my left - i feel a stretching pain along my RIBCAGE from my sternum downards underneath where my left nipple lines up vertically...my left nip also indents a bit when i flex - but it no longer indents when i do raise the left arm up (with stretching pain)...

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 06:33:39 PM »
5 days post-op and I can stretch my arms over my head pretty easily but I do feel a slight pain on both sides, particularly on the right side because there is more swelling there.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 05:49:11 AM »
Hi Londonman,

As you know I had my surgery 1 week before you and I still can't fully raise them both at the same time, but then I still have a little swelling under the arms.

I sometimes look at my chest and wonder if I have some skin stuck to the muscle as well because if I look closely there are patterns under the skin, but I’ll see what Mr L says when I see him next week.  His experienced eye will know what is what, whereas I would only be guessing and probably guessing wrong.  He should also be able to tell me how and when to massage etc.  I’ll keep the boards posted as to what he says and what we should expect at this stage of the healing, but I’m not concerned .. he’s the expert and I’m happy to leave it to him.

All the best with your healing.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

xx
Hurts to raise arms over head

Started by PeterBateman on Post Surgery and Healing After Surgery

5 Replies
Last post November 10, 2006, 05:54:16 AM
by PeterBateman
xx
how long cant i move my arms after surgery?

Started by Ali19 on Gynecomastia Talk

11 Replies
Last post July 24, 2012, 11:38:40 PM
by Ali19
xx
how long to lift arms overhead post op...

Started by iginla23 on Gynecomastia Talk

2 Replies
Last post June 28, 2007, 10:17:25 AM
by JeepKuntry
xx
Help me raise money for surgery

Started by adrian64130 on Gynecomastia Talk

0 Replies
Last post March 15, 2019, 10:27:59 PM
by adrian64130