Hello Guest

Going back to the gym

• 10 Replies

Offline hertog88

• I'm a bad, bad boy
Going back to the gym
« on: April 25, 2009, 08:39:40 AM »
What would you say is the safest bet to going back to the gyma nd doing chest or shoulder workouts?

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17524.0

Re: Going back to the gym
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 01:09:55 PM »
I'm interested to know too, I was thinking of not doing chest for a week at all and then start with very light weights. but yeah let's see what others think

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 09:26:33 PM »
I was told 3 weeks to hit the weights. I don't know if I'd do 12 sets of chest after 3 weeks but to each his own.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 09:08:23 AM »
I started back at the gym after 10 days. I only worked arms and legs for the last 2 weeks. However I had no problems from the surgery, no bleeding , no bruising, almost no swelling. I realize I am probably the exception to the rule but I was in great shape when i had the surgery so that probably helped with the healing. I am still going to wait another week before doing chest or shoulders just to be on the safe side.

Offline cecly

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 07:47:58 PM »
It would depend on how severe the original case was. My surgeon said it was fine after the wound was fully healed and as long as it didn't hurt. That's more the secret, if it hurts don't do it.

Don't be affraid to ask your surgeon either :P

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 12:40:15 PM »
My surgeon (to be precise, his nurse) told me: *no* workout for the time I'm wearing the vest, that is...6 weeks !  All I can do is walk from point A to B.

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 05:24:58 PM »
My doc gave me the ok for cardio after 3 weeks. I did cardio just about every day that week and started weights on the 4th weeks. (Only did 3 days of weight lifting back, shoulders, arms and I gave myself 1-2 days between each body part) This will be my 5th week and I will be  in full mode everything but chest...

I've noticed my swelling has gone down a lot this weekend and I'm at the 5 week mark... I think the vest will be coming off this week for good and substituted with under arm compression vest for my workouts.

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 09:57:44 PM »
Do you workout with the vest on?

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 01:06:23 AM »
I mean, it seems pretty intuitive that you wouldn't want to do any heavy chest work while you are still wearing the vest.

Even if your surgeon said 3 weeks, I'd probably wait until you have absolutely 0 pain, 0 swelling, and are out of the vest. And still, work into it. Don't load up a barbell with a ton of plates and start doing some deep wide-grip bench presses...

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 08:17:39 AM »
I mean, it seems pretty intuitive that you wouldn't want to do any heavy chest work while you are still wearing the vest.

Even if your surgeon said 3 weeks, I'd probably wait until you have absolutely 0 pain, 0 swelling, and are out of the vest. And still, work into it. Don't load up a barbell with a ton of plates and start doing some deep wide-grip bench presses...

I totally agree.

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 09:25:26 PM »
I just asked my PS about resuming exercises. He said I can do whatever I want starting 1 month post-op but I still have to wear that god dang vest for 2 weeks afterwards.

xx
Ways to minimize back pain from sleeping on your back?

Started by JJ79 on Post Surgery and Healing After Surgery

4 Replies
Last post March 21, 2008, 07:48:48 AM
by JJ79
xx
5 weeks post-op: anyone else have back aches from sleeping on back?

Started by mca on Gynecomastia Talk

8 Replies
Last post December 02, 2012, 01:15:53 PM
by freak
sad
Had surgery and it came back, had surgery again, and it came back a year later

Started by fieldofsun on Your Stories

2 Replies
Last post February 11, 2013, 01:21:16 AM
by fieldofsun
question
Do they come back?