Hello Guest

Crater post-surgery....please help

• 3 Replies
Crater post-surgery....please help
« on: June 19, 2012, 02:02:01 PM »
OK first thing I need to say is it's only been 24 hours post-op. I went to my doctor today thinking one of my drains fell off (which it didn't), and I noticed that my left side has a real noticeable crater. My doctor told me it'll fix itself during the healing process when he took a look at it. His exact words were "I love the results...you have nothing to worry about" but at the same time it sounded like he just didn't want me to freak out. He said "if it doesn't fix itself after healing which is unlikely, we can remove fat from your abdomen and fill that up."

However, after reading about other patients having craters, I'm seeing many responses by other doctors saying "the doctor didn't do it correctly and it needs a revision."

Which one is correct, do "craters" actually heal and look normal eventually? The worst thing about this whole thing is I'm going to a waterpark next month with about 20 friends that don't even know about this surgery and my fear was the scars. This crater is much worse. Some pics are attached.

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=25774.0

Re: Crater post-surgery....please help
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 03:26:44 AM »
If youre still creeping around can you update us? I am experiencing the same thing....

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 10:53:24 AM »
Do not worry! - I had the EXACT same thing post-operation. It will all fix itself with time.

I know this is hard for you to believe, and I was extremely skeptical at the time too, but it DID fix itself COMPLETELY with TIME.

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 06:49:28 PM »
Hi CareyPrice31, could you please check your private messages if you see this?

xx
Post surgery crater

Started by BB2012 on Ask a Doctor

19 Replies
Last post February 28, 2014, 04:26:25 AM
by BB2012
xx
Crater deformity when flexedtwo weeks post surgery

Started by BrandonPrice31 on Gynecomastia Talk

3 Replies
Last post August 06, 2013, 01:41:20 AM
by jay adams
exclamation
Post surgery 6 weeks Crater fold Crease

Started by JB on User Photos

5 Replies
Last post January 24, 2017, 08:47:33 PM
by PuffyNipplesCrew
xx
3.5-4 months post surgery.. Still depression/crease/crater weird scar (pics)

Started by silentsam on Ask a Doctor

3 Replies
Last post May 21, 2013, 04:37:16 PM
by DrPensler