Hello Guest

6 weeks post-op. Imp. ques. Plz reply

• 1 Replies
6 weeks post-op. Imp. ques. Plz reply
« on: December 20, 2006, 12:02:14 PM »
Did anyone had hematoma after surgery and actually recovered from it?  Does it really go away???  Man, I read so many stories about suffering from hematoma in this discussion board but noone has written anything about recovering from it or having it being slowly absorbed into the body. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZz  replyyy.  PLEASEE

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=8003.0

Re: 6 weeks post-op. Imp. ques. Plz reply
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 01:35:54 PM »
I had a haematoma during surgery which continued to bleed during the first 12 hours after surgery resulting in a dark red swelling a little larger than a golf ball.  Drainage and pressure helped a little while I was still in hospital but the soft tissues were saturated with the blood hence the swelling.  The hospital was not overly concerned once the bleeding had stopped and said that the swelling will recede as the body naturally absorbs the blood.  They were right.  The swelling and bruising took about 3 weeks to disappear and I was left with a small piece of scar tissue about the size of an almond which I’m told massaging will break up.

I wasn’t worried at the time because my girlfriend who is a nurse said that some haematomas can be bigger than a cricket ball and they eventually return to normal.

If you are concerned speak to your doctor.  Drainage can help if it is caught early, but my guess is that as long as the bleeding has stopped, then it will disappear in time.

Good luck
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

xx
7 weeks post surgory and have many ques...

Started by vicky on Post Surgery and Healing After Surgery

0 Replies
Last post April 15, 2011, 03:49:35 AM
by vicky
xx
Please someone reply that had post op puffy nipple

Started by n0thingsp3cial on Post Surgery and Healing After Surgery

13 Replies
Last post September 20, 2010, 04:54:05 AM
by DrBermant
xx
A common ques to everyone who has undergone surgery for gyne

Started by u_free_luv on Asia

3 Replies
Last post December 17, 2009, 04:36:25 AM
by mumbai.experience
xx
Having revision soon, is gland removal as painful as lipo and another ques.

Started by bob7375 on User Photos

9 Replies
Last post January 21, 2008, 12:16:25 AM
by manic91m9