What to tell family friends during recovery weeks post surgery

Hi there

Iím not a sufferer, I am the wife of a sufferer. My husband wants to get the surgery done in the coming months, we can afford it and have already consulted a surgeon and it all looks positive. My husband has no issue with time off from work but here is our problem.
We donít want to have to tell people about this surgery, because really, itís no ones business. However, we have many friends/aquaintences - not close enough to disclose this surgery to but not distant enough to not want to enquire or be concerned when the donít see us for a few weeks. These are mostly friends we have in church who, if we miss a service, will, out of concern for out health and welfare, call/text to ask if we are ok. What can we tell them? We donít want to be rude or blunt, like say ďnone of your businessĒ and then walk away, as we care about these people. We just donít want to have to disclose this. Iíve read other threads where you can say ďIíve had a gland/cyst removed from my chestĒ and this sounds like a good line but what if they enquire further? If they ask ďwhat kind of glandĒ or something? We donít want to say we are going away/vacation because itís a relatively small area and they may see me at the shops or something. This is actually very likely. Please could I have some ideas to work around this.

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=33479.0

To add your comment, register or log in to your account.

xx
Parents/Family/Friends....

Started by Grandpa Bambu

27 Replies
Last post April 29, 2014, 12:07:39 am
by Paa_Paw
smiley
Dealing with telling your friends and family.

Started by WishmasterK

3 Replies
Last post April 08, 2007, 12:23:11 am
by Teflon
xx
5 weeks post op and worried about recovery:(

Started by hangeul

2 Replies
Last post March 31, 2009, 10:22:00 am
by hangeul
xx
Recovery Questions/Help.... 4 Weeks Post Op