tape over puffy nipples gone bad

tape over puffy nipples gone bad
« on: May 02, 2010, 03:34:40 pm »

"I have seen horrible scars and pigmentation from damage to the skin from tape.  Sometimes the scars and pigmentation fade, for others the deformity is permanent.  Tape is a dangerous technique and not recommended.  Chest Shaping Garments for Gynecomastia are much safer and work better."

This is true and i am scared, i have it, is there a way to get rid of these dark pigmentation fade? plzzzz somoneee help this for me looks worse than my puffy nips.

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=20565.0

DrBermant

Re: tape over puffy nipples gone bad
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 04:06:30 pm »

"I have seen horrible scars and pigmentation from damage to the skin from tape.  Sometimes the scars and pigmentation fade, for others the deformity is permanent.  Tape is a dangerous technique and not recommended.  Chest Shaping Garments for Gynecomastia are much safer and work better."

This is true and i am scared, i have it, is there a way to get rid of these dark pigmentation fade? plzzzz somoneee help this for me looks worse than my puffy nips.

Patience is one option. Such pigmentation may or may be permanent and not fade. Depending on what I find during an evaluation I may recommend for my patient Scar Care and or Second Stage Compression Vest. The compression garment helps with scars. Scars that evolve under pressure do better than scars without pressure. The compression also acts as a Body Shaping Garment which contours without the tape issue.  I have seen such issues resolve over time and others that remained an issue.

Prevention is much better. I have not seen any decent other alternatives for the bizarre pigmentation shapes and scars taping has created.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 01:01:08 am »
Pigmentary changes after using tape (technically called post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation) is best treated by time or occasionally with a bleaching cream, such as Tri-Luma.  Ask your dermatologist or plastic surgeon if you are a candidate to use it.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
815 Park Avenue
New York, New York 10021
Telephone:  (212) 570-6080
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 04:26:13 am »

Could you please post a few pics of your pigmentation...

Tnx...

GB....
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

xx
dont use tape on ur nipples lol :/

Started by marcecko072

2 Replies
Last post March 12, 2007, 08:53:38 pm
by gynehater
xx
Have you tried using tape to cover your nipples?

Started by laxsticks

20 Replies
Last post May 16, 2010, 10:51:46 pm
by DrBermant
xx
Using tape to press down nipples

Started by zazzy

15 Replies
Last post September 13, 2010, 03:33:17 am
by DrBermant
xx
Puffy Nipple Tape