Hello Guest

When to drain?

• 2 Replies
When to drain?
« on: September 16, 2006, 04:37:15 PM »
Hello,
I had my excision done on September 5, and my right side is perfect - unbelievable! My left side had a big hematoma and swelling. Now the hole used for draining has healed up on my right side, and the one on my left side is still there (still wearing a gauze over it, as it does bleed a bit).

I did work all of the old blood out of my left side in the shower (by applying pressure, about 250ML came out through the drain hole) a few days ago. Now the left side is good, but its not great. My aerola is not quite flat, and I am convinced that I could pressure some more fluid out, but I am worried about reopening my drain hole. It is just starting to heal, yet I feel I could coax just a little bit out every day. This situation is analgous to walking a tightrope, as I want swelling to completely subside, but I think that by keeping the drain hole open I may be apt to scar more.

I have an appt with my PS on Wednesday, so I won't know till then (at which point I could have drained more, or left it alone). What should I do here? I want my left side to look like my right. Although my left side is much better than before surgery, my aerola does stick out maybe 1/3rd of an inch. Is this just swelling? Will it disappear?

Thanks

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=6830.0

Re: When to drain?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 03:40:03 AM »
Hi,

I really can’t tell you what you should do.  However I can tell you what I would do and why.

If I was seeing the PS in 3 days I would do nothing and suggest to him that he drained it professionally.  The last thing I would want would be to fiddle around with it and maybe get it infected or create internal bleeding.  If I was really worried that things might get worse in the 3 days before seeing the PS, I would see my own doctor and ask him if it should be drained.

As I say, that is what I would do, but it’s your choice.

Good luck
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Re: When to drain?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 08:05:10 AM »
Why don't you just call your P.S. and ask what to do?  Any P.S. who's got any sense would want you to call  if you have a problem or concern.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

xx
Drain yourself???

Started by monterojl on Gynecomastia Talk

44 Replies
Last post August 23, 2008, 07:08:40 PM
by broadsidebrother
xx