Hello Guest

need some advice

• 5 Replies
need some advice
« on: January 24, 2009, 07:02:55 AM »
This is the first time I've been here and I've been looking through the site and realize how severe my case is compared to others. I've been wanting to get surgery to get rid of the problem but have been worried that once its done it will come back in a year or two and I had wasted 4k dollars. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16713.0

Re: need some advice
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 07:52:15 AM »
I've had it since the age of 12. I'm 18 now my chest stick 3" out and is quite visible is i just wear t-shirts. which is why i wear underarmor to compress it to a semi normal size. But back to the point i had a blood test done at the age of 16 and was told i have the hormore level of a 25 year old guy so im not sure how it still is.

Offline Paa_Paw

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 09:18:25 PM »
If your condition has been stabilized for a couple of years, regrowth should not be an issue.

If your breasts are growing, very tender/painful etc. you should have things thoroughly before proceding to surgery.
Grandpa Dan

Offline BMB65

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 01:46:39 AM »
If you are bothered by it , do the surgery ....it takes a huge weight off your shoulders

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 02:29:16 AM »
not everyone necessarily needs an endo test to see if things hormone levels have settled enough, but it sounds like in your case it might be worth it.  but you might still be good for an op if they agree. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 10:21:27 AM »
This is the first time I've been here and I've been looking through the site and realize how severe my case is compared to others. I've been wanting to get surgery to get rid of the problem but have been worried that once its done it will come back in a year or two and I had wasted 4k dollars. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

as long as the condition is not changing, then surgery would be a good option, and the chance of re-growth is virtually zero. If there are any precipitating factors (hormones, steroid use, etc), I would make sure these are first sorted out before surgery.

xx
I need advice

Started by yellowlab on Parents/Family/Friends

8 Replies
Last post April 17, 2007, 09:21:43 PM
by MRD
xx
Some advice

Started by chopper on U.K.

14 Replies
Last post January 04, 2012, 03:02:02 PM
by Mickydubs