Hello Guest

hematoma

• 4 Replies

Offline mizuno

hematoma
« on: May 16, 2009, 02:00:18 AM »
I have noticed that some people have stated that have had hematoma after gyne surgery even with the two of the best surgeons on
these boards. My question is what happens when you go home and develop this hematoma ? Do you have to go to your general physician ?
This is one thing that I'm worried about since.
Thanks,
Mizuno

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17726.0

GynO_DuDe

Re: hematoma
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 02:43:44 AM »
Generally you go back to the surgeon that performed the surgery on you to have it drained ...

Its got nothing to do with the surgeons, it's how you heal as an individual.

If you bruise and recover after 1 day? then you probably heal faster than some who's bruises last for days ... thats just an example.

Offline mizuno

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »
What happens when the hematoma develops when you fly home.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 04:17:42 PM »
A hematoma is just a fancy name for a bad bruise.  If it's really bad, you may need to get it drained, but most of the time some bruising is to be expected.  Obviously the best person to drain it would by your ps, but I'm pretty sure any doctor could do it, it's not brain surgery. 

DrBermant

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 05:00:30 PM »
I have noticed that some people have stated that have had hematoma after gyne surgery even with the two of the best surgeons on
these boards. My question is what happens when you go home and develop this hematoma ? Do you have to go to your general physician ?
This is one thing that I'm worried about since.
Thanks,
Mizuno

Hematoma Complication after Gynecomastia Surgery can slow the healing process down and increase risk of scars.  They usually occur at the time of surgery or shortly there after.  That is why I see each of my patients the day after surgery.  Any surgery involves the risk of bleeding.  With my techniques, hematoma are very rare for my patients.  I prefer to manage each of my own complications.  The operating doctor has the most knowledge of what was done and how best to manage the problem.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

xx
what to do after a hematoma

Started by hm4295 on Ask a Doctor

5 Replies
Last post July 02, 2013, 02:15:42 PM
by DrPensler
xx
Hematoma

Started by sivan on Ask a Doctor