Hello Guest

Healing from Gynecomastia surgery in New Zealand (middle earth)-advice from Drs?

• 6 Replies
Healing from Gynecomastia surgery in New Zealand (middle earth)-advice from Drs?

so I had my bilateral mastectomy where they excised the breast tissue via incision through the aerola about 10 days ago. It was covered by the public health system and i didn't get a say on the choice of drs.

I had drains for 6 days and only given a compression dressing for the first 24 hours. About 150 grams of breast tissue was taken out from each breast.

I didn't have any bruising but have started to discover hard painful mass underneath both aerolas and to the sides near the arms.

I've attached both pre-and post pics here. I would be happy to help with any queries.

In return :), may I please get some advise from the learned folk here and the Drs (especially Dr Elliot Jacobs who would have been my first choice had I been in the US):

1. I asked my surgeon and 2 other surgeons who came to review post op whether I needed compression vest. Every time I was said no. Except for the first 24 hours, I have had no compression, and have been moving without any support.
How bad is it to go without compression? I'm on the 10th day now, should I go for an underarmour option?

2. I am quite pleased with the profile contours but the angles still look really weird and there is tenderness there where i feel the hard lumps. Should I be massaging this area or just leave as is (considering i'm not wearing any compression).

3. would you think i still need to get lipo done to get rid of the fat (hopefully not gyno anymore!?) that you can still see in the post pictures?

greetings from the Shire

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=25982.0

post pics

the weird angles post op... scar/swelling/messed up for ever/need lipo?

From the photos, you do appear smaller -- though the photos are small and dark and hard to discern much else..

Can't comment on the tender areas that you have -- they could be areas of localized swelling or even small collections of blood.

As for compression, I generally recommend at least one month of compression -- I feel very strongly about it.  But other docs may differ.  Certainly, I think you cannot harm yourself if you were to wear a snug Under Armour shirt (or the like).

How does it feel to be on the "other side?"

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
815 Park Avenue
New York, New York 10021
Telephone:  (212) 570-6080
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline siphon

The surgery is a start, but you've got a really big belly, ie you have excess fat on your body. Losing that will help with your profile everywhere. Surgery is not a replacement for eating well and exercising. Looks good now, but the rest is up to you.

From the photos, you do appear smaller -- though the photos are small and dark and hard to discern much else..

Can't comment on the tender areas that you have -- they could be areas of localized swelling or even small collections of blood.

As for compression, I generally recommend at least one month of compression -- I feel very strongly about it.  But other docs may differ.  Certainly, I think you cannot harm yourself if you were to wear a snug Under Armour shirt (or the like).

How does it feel to be on the "other side?"

Dr Jacobs

Thanks doctor Jacobs. I'm happy I've had the operation but still a bit bittersweet in that I feel I may still need some lipo down the track. I'll post better photos in a couple of days.
The area underneath the nipple is still very hard and so are the sides closest to the arms. Though the pain has gone away, I still feel swishing of liquid in the left side.

The surgery is a start, but you've got a really big belly, ie you have excess fat on your body. Losing that will help with your profile everywhere. Surgery is not a replacement for eating well and exercising. Looks good now, but the rest is up to you.

Too true brother. The first thing I noticed too after the operation was how big the belly now looked. Fully intending to start p90x in 2 more weeks wheN its four weeks after the operstion.
Not sure if i should wait more time before starting p90x
Also keen to know what diet helps post operation healing

question
Cost of gynecomastia surgery in New Zealand

Started by Nipsofpeaceandprosperity on Australia / New Zealand

0 Replies
Last post January 30, 2016, 11:52:44 AM
by Nipsofpeaceandprosperity
xx
Cost of gynecomastia surgery in New Zealand?

Started by NZfish on Australia / New Zealand

3 Replies
Last post October 19, 2013, 06:13:13 PM
by daves123
xx
GYNECOMASTIA TREATMENT IN NEW ZEALAND

Started by logocentrism on Australia / New Zealand

5 Replies
Last post October 03, 2010, 07:18:58 PM
by pillars_of_meryc
xx
PLEASE help me find a surgeon for gynecomastia in New Zealand/maybe Australia