Hello Guest

Anyone know of a good sight to buy post-op compression vests?

• 3 Replies
I was told by another member that had surgery with the PS im going to have my surgery with that he does not supply compression vests after surgery. He recommends using tensors(kind of like tube top looking things) with foam pads underneath instead, he claims it makes you heal better? He may be right, but for one thing, im worried that the foam pads may be more visible and harder to hide under my work shirt after surgery, and also, im concerned if they actually do make you heal better? I feel more confident with the idea of compression vests for aftercare and that they may work better for healing. I was wondering if they have different sizes, or if there adjustable maybe? If i get a size to big then it will be loose n uneffective in the healing, and if its way too tight, then it will just be really uncomfortable and may cause problems. Does anyone know of a good site to order these? And not just the nike or body armour athletic ones, i mean the actual medical compression vests designed for gyne post-op surgery. Are they fairly pricy? And if i get a cheapie one, is it not going to be as effective and cause really bad healing? Any help??? :-\

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=14382.0

Re: Anyone know of a good sight to buy post-op compression vests?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 02:31:09 AM »
I don't know how much they cost but I would get a vest, one that goes around your shoulders. I'm currently wearing one after my surgery and people can't tell. The one I have is adjustable but the nurse did take measurements around my chest and stomach before they got it. I've read in here that some people have problems with "tube compression garments" that they always have to keep adjusting them and such. Also with the vest, if someone does notice it you can say its for your back.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 08:12:55 AM »
Mine was the brand "Marena" and was surprisingly comfortable.  I had no problem wearing it for 4 weeks. 

Offline Noseguard

• You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 08:18:25 AM »
On the gynecomastia home page there is a banner ad that pops up for underworks.  Underworks.com I believe.

I bought the 970 ($30 or so), I wore that during the day, and my binder at night.

Both were fairly comfortable, and switching back and forth worked good.  Each after wearing for too long would rub and irritate a spot. By rotating they minimized any discomfort.

xx
Free to a good home x 2 MaCom compression vests

Started by dexs on U.K.

1 Replies
Last post November 03, 2013, 06:41:36 PM
by themuzza
xx
Post-op compression vests

Started by radio on Post Surgery and Healing After Surgery

2 Replies
Last post June 15, 2009, 04:49:05 PM
by radio