Hello Guest

alcohol

• 6 Replies
alcohol
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:09:55 AM »
i have had this problem since i was 13 and i would like to ask if i stop drinking beer will it get any better?

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=26088.0

Offline Ali19

Re: alcohol
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 05:27:55 AM »
definetely ur appearance would get better, booze is major problem for guys who have gyne.

but u will still most likely need surgery for the chest to be complete gyne free, and if u decide to get surgery, u gotta cut back or even omit booze all together.

Good luck!

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 07:27:30 AM »
george1861,

There is a great deal of evidence that the increased use of Phytoestrogens in the products we use has been a contributing factor in the ever increasing occurrence of Gynecomastia.

Do some research into Phytoestrogens and learn how to avoid them

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 06:22:00 PM »
The hops in beer act as a weak estrogen in the body. Combine that with the fact that alcohol inhibits your livers ability to expel estrogens/toxins from your body.

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 06:15:46 AM »
if u decide to get surgery, u gotta cut back or even omit booze all together.

Uhm... Why?

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 06:15:56 PM »
if u decide to get surgery, u gotta cut back or even omit booze all together.

Uhm... Why?

He may be referring to alcohol's temporary blood thinning effects interfering with surgery. Your surgeon/pre op check up will specify exactly how long before and after to limit your consumption. Additionally, It's generally a good idea to limit any unhealthy behavior surrounding surgery in order to have your system in tip top condition. 

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 10:06:52 PM »
I dont know if this was a coincidence or not, but i went to my local bar on Thursday (1 week post op) and had 2 beers with dinner.  I felt like it would not be a problem.  Anyways, i noticed that my chest was more sore and almost had a burning feeling after those beers.  I wonder if that was b/c of the beer.  I guess it could have thinned my blood a bit and thus caused those problems.....what do you guys think?

George, As far as stopping drinking, I dont think it will help if its really gynecomastia in regards to having glandular tissue.  Plus, the damage is probably already done.  Obviously stopping drinking will result in less calories/fat in general......so that might help!

xx
Alcohol

Started by vaio on Gynecomastia Talk

3 Replies
Last post February 20, 2005, 05:49:24 AM
by hypo
xx
Alcohol....will it come because of it?

Started by MonarchX on Gynecomastia Talk

16 Replies
Last post September 02, 2006, 12:19:12 PM
by Hypo-is-here