Hello Guest

One week after surgery with haugrud

  • 2 Replies
One week after surgery with haugrud
« on: October 22, 2007, 06:50:13 PM »
I did not post anything right after surgery, so I will do quick follow up.  Went in on tuesday, all the nursing staff are very accomodating, and speak highly of haugrud and his work which was comforting.  I woke up in alot of pain and was given a large amount of morphene-this kept me in recovery for almost 8 hours.  I just couldn't get out of bed, too foggy.  Drains were a pain, mostly for sleeping, it is very uncomfortable after a while sleeping only on your back.  I think this made my back and neck go out, so I will be sure to see the chiro when I can.  Used percocet and found that it gave me a constant headache, so I switched to T3's, which didn't help.  I think I might have issues with codene, because when I used extra strength Tylenol my headache stopped.  I am writing this the following monday-just returned from haugrud in pain again.  I guess my left side is healing properly, but I had a hematoma on the right.  Removal of the drain on the left does hurt, but is bearable.  He ended up giving me some freezing, undid my stitches and dug in with his hand on the right side to break up the clot-this is very uncomfortable, its numb but still hurts-a dull pressure I suppose.  He attempts to break up the clot and force everything out the entrance like a big zit (haugruds words).  He then stitched it back up.  He says this is something that is usually done at the hospital under general anesthetic, but because it was painful already from the pressure, and the time to get a surgical spot, recovery at the hospital, etc. he says he prefers to do it at his office-it does only take about 10 minutes.  Although it was not fun, I to prefer that it was done at his office, I didnt want to go through the process of the hospital again.  He left the right tube in, and will take it out wednesday.  After that, I guess he will determine if fluid will build up or not, and if it does I guess I will have to see him the following monday to get a needle to suck the fluid out-not something I am looking forward to, so lets hope that there are no fluid issues!  As for results, the left side looks pretty good, still a little swollen though.  I dont think I can make any definitive comments on results for a few weeks, or until the swelling goes away.  I may post pics later-or not, considering I dont have pre op pics.  Haugrud said that the gland was about the size of a fried egg, and about an inch thick, dont know if that makes any sense to anyone, but my chest is definitely flatter. 

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12114.0

Re: One week after surgery with haugrud
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 01:24:45 AM »
Another week after this, I had to have my right side drained.  Sounds worse than it is.  Freezes it, bit of a sting, then puts the larger needle and and drains fluid out, takes about 2-3 minutes total.  Unfortunately, he says I will probably have to do it another time or two, so back to see him next week.  Overall, swelling is going down, nipples are very sensitive, almost painful, so I just put cotton swabs and tape over them-he says this will last a couple of months.



Re: One week after surgery with haugrud
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 10:50:55 PM »
wow...im sorry to say this..but this sound very gross. Im looking into getting the surgery done....but....i dont want this happeneing to me. Does it happen to everyone who gets this surgery done?


Surgery with Haugrud

Started by titsrntcool on Canada

17 Replies
Last post October 14, 2010, 02:44:46 PM
by poosan
3 days after Surgery with Dr. Haugrud

Started by EDMGyno24 on Canada

9 Replies
Last post March 21, 2008, 04:21:13 AM
by Travelincook
Booked for Surgery with Dr. Haugrud!!!

Started by EDMGyno24 on Canada

8 Replies
Last post June 23, 2009, 02:12:11 AM
by nait1234
Cancelled surgery with Haugrud. Going with Fielding.

Started by radio on Canada

20 Replies
Last post September 15, 2009, 12:41:53 AM
by canadian1987