Hello Guest

Hopeful's question for Dr. Pope

• 1 Replies
Hopeful's question for Dr. Pope
« on: December 31, 2010, 01:54:40 AM »
Dr. Pope,

I am a 19 year old living in Melbourne, Fl. It came as a great surprise that such a knowledgeable and respected surgeon operates so close to my home. I have had gynecomastia since the beginning of puberty and unfortunately it has only gotten worse. I am skinny and somewhat muscular yet my breasts (largest concern is nipples) are noticeably abnormal for a male. Like the others with this condition it has been a constant social and self confidence issue. I hate looking at my own chest let alone when others see it. I have come to the point in my life where I feel the NEED to get rid of it.

My problem lies here. I am currently in the delayed entry program for the Navy. I leave for boot camp in May so my time is sort of limited. I think my ship date can be pushed back a little while, but I am hoping that's not necessary. My question is, How long would the waiting period be to have surgery if I came in ASAP? I know these things can take a long time but I am hopeful. I do not want to have to live with this throughout my career in the military. I know I should have acted sooner, but I have only recently had the courage to talk to my parents about the option.

Your response or anyone else's with knowledge on the topic is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zach

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22167.0

Re: Hopeful's question for Dr. Pope
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 11:23:45 AM »
Zach
I would be happy to see you in consultation.  Feel free to call my office at 407-857-6261. My office can get you in within a week or two, and we can probably do your surgery in early Feb., maybe even late January. 

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

xx
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/38/could-gland-have-been-missed-or-is-it-excess

Started by april24th2007 on User Photos

1 Replies
Last post July 31, 2012, 12:24:09 AM
by Paa_Paw
xx
profile question

Started by fguss01 on Gynecomastia Talk

1 Replies
Last post November 14, 2014, 01:55:16 PM
by Zenxer
xx
Question for Doctors + Anyone else with gynecomastia

Started by George12 on Ask a Doctor

3 Replies
Last post February 18, 2010, 08:08:25 PM
by DrBermant
xx
Att: Doctors - I need your opinion. Delgado, Silverman, Pope, Jacobs and others.

Started by AndreasN on Ask a Doctor

6 Replies
Last post June 21, 2011, 02:20:48 AM
by George Pope, M.D.