Hello Guest

Getting started with a doctor

  • 4 Replies
Getting started with a doctor
« on: May 20, 2009, 02:36:28 PM »
I have struggled with puffy nipples, breast and fatty tissue since at least high school.  I am 5'10 and have weighed anywhere from 170-200.  It seems my gyno is always about the same a big problem.  I want to make a doctor appointment where I can maybe try some meds ex. raloxifene or something similiar.  Where do I get started and what kind of doctor appointment would you suggest I make.

Thank you for your time.


Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17763.0

Re: Getting started with a doctor
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 09:12:39 PM »
I would suggest you start with your family doctor.  He or she may be comfortable evaluating gynecomastia and working it up, or may want to refer you to an internist or an endocrinologist. That's the best way to get your condition evaluated and maybe try a medical treatment.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Phone: 407-857-6261

Re: Getting started with a doctor
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 10:38:28 AM »
Thanks for your advice.  I do not have a family doctor, would it be ok to go straight to an endocrinologist to get them to prescribe medical treatment.  The reason I ask is because I do not want to pay multiple doctors for a visit being I do not have the resources when I could possibly go to one doctor to get me started with medical treatment.

Thank you

Re: Getting started with a doctor
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 09:47:38 PM »
You will probably find when you make calls that most endocrinologists may only see patients on referral from a primary care specialist.  You're probably better off starting with a primary care doctor.  I understand your concern about multiple doctor bills, though. 

Dr. Pope, M.D.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 03:01:15 AM »
I suggest that you consider surgery. It will surely resolve your problem. Medical treatment can, in the long run, cost more and may not resolve the problem or may resolve it only while you are medicated.
Dr.Dr.Jaime Caloca Jr.
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
(619) 734-2290 -www.drcaloca.com

How to get started?

Started by CharlieEssex on U.K.

1 Replies
Last post January 06, 2012, 07:45:47 PM
by Bikkembergs
Need Help getting Started

Started by ReadyForChange on Gynecomastia Talk

0 Replies
Last post December 23, 2005, 06:27:27 PM
by ReadyForChange
Need help getting started.

Started by manbid on User Photos

4 Replies
Last post May 11, 2008, 05:05:19 AM
by NH
How to get started?

Started by Niall84 on U.K.

9 Replies
Last post May 20, 2008, 02:14:16 PM
by belfastmale