Hello Guest

To bra, or not to bra

• 64 Replies
Re: To bra, or not to bra
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2019, 07:27:10 PM »
I had a look at the calculator at ABraThatFits, and it gave some really weird numbers.

My measurements were:
Loose underbust 82
Snug underbust 78
Tight Underbust 75
Standing Bust 94
Leaning Bust 98
Lying Bust 95.

And according to this site I should start with 32DD(UK).  I mean, really?!  The tightest I could get the tape was 75cm, and 32 is below 72cm!  Going by sister size, I also doubt that I could qualify as 34D/36C.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that I should at least try wearing.
UK sizing is in inches, not cm. I think that is where you are getting confused. 32DD sounds like it might be close. European Standard equivalent would be 70E.

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2019, 03:14:34 AM »
I entered the measurements in cm, and selected the units a such.  Keep in mind, a 32 band is 68-72cm.  Way below even the tightest I could manage.  Going by the snug underbust, that would (barely) put me in a 36 band (78-82).  But I have a feeling that 34 might be better.  The cup going by only a single measurement would barely be a B(36) or D(34).

That said, I have wondered if I somehow messed up the leaning and lying measurements, since with those I didn't check the tape in a mirror.  I'll see if I can redo those at some point in the day.

Offline DW20

« Reply #62 on: Today at 10:41:52 AM »
My advice is to wear what is comfortable - unfortunately that is not usually compatible with being covert.
My own personal experience is that underwired bras with a reasonable amount of padding give the most comfort. Also lace designs seem to be better than most and are cooler in most circumstances .
I do not set out with the intention of appearing feminine, but within reason it is a price well worth paying for comfort.
We are all different, but personally wearing loose tops, and unflattering styles etc will do nothing to help your self esteem.
I have only ever been aware of being watched once and that was probably because I was wearing a skirt during a heatwave - Nothing to do with the bra!!:)

Glean ideas. This Forum is an awesome resource but ultimately the solutions have to be yours. 

« Reply #63 on: Today at 01:05:38 PM »
DW20 you are so right. Very few of us want to be anything other than what we are and for the majority we want to be physically comfortable and have confidence in our bodies and our appearance. And if that means wearing a bra for sizable breasts, and clothes that fit our shape no matter what it is, then why should society care? 

I can't deny that the estrogen that my body makes hasn't effected other parts of my body and maybe even how I react or feel, but I had no control over that. I am male and if my body is better suited for clothing that is normally considered "female", that's not my fault. No one asked me what I wanted. I have to live with what I have. I just want to live my life in peace no matter what I am wearing, masculine or feminine. 

« Reply #64 on: Today at 01:24:13 PM »
I can certainly see what you're saying (replying to both posts).

The thing that keeps bugging me of course is my size being somewhere in between.  I'm large enough that I can certainly have cleavage if I go that route (maybe not pressed against each other but I can still have cleavage), but small/shallow enough that many people (at least men) will likely not take note of what's going on under my shirts (braless, a bra would increase protrusion).  That second part will make it harder to justify wearing.

And of course there's the money issue.  Whenever I decide to go bra shopping, something comes up and empties my account.  Then I have to save all over.