Hello Guest

Compression Shirts

• 6 Replies
Compression Shirts
« on: August 26, 2017, 12:52:06 PM »
Been lurking but not posting much for a while, but just had an idea and I wanted to see if anyone else has tried this and what their thoughts are regarding athletic compression shirts (2XU, Skins, etc.).  This is probably only applicable to the more moderately developed (B, C, and possibly D???) brothers.  I am hoping that while these shirts may compress my breasts, they would be more comfortable than a sports bra.  I live in a warm climate, so these might work well under another shirt without a bra.  Any thoughts, ideas, successes, or failures using this kind of a compression garment?
Bill

P.S.  Zoidberg - if you're still out there, I see it has been about a year since you asked your questions about compression shirts.  Have you found any that work for you?  I have a bit of a belly, too, so I am not eager to get something that is highly compressive, both top and bottom.  The two names I indicated above are places that sell top-drawer compression tights which help me out in a number of ways, but I don't want to spend $60 or $70 to see if a shirt may work and then possibly be stuck with it as my trial wearing would likely make the shirt unacceptable for return.
B

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=32821.0

Re: Compression Shirts
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 01:54:30 AM »
I tried one at first but I couldnt get around the feeling of being choked around my neck.

The 2nd issue was it enhanced the protrusion of my chest. Sure it compressed my chest but the compression was all over not focused like a compression sports bra would be or a minimizer bra.

I have tight fighting tank tops and the only thing they do for me is scream I have headlights, look down here.

Its personal choice and may be size specific.

I am only 34C now and that is the smallest I can get with everything I have done. Diet exercise etc. 20 years of working to reduce and this is it.

Compression/high support sports bras are my go to. I live AZ it is hot here I buy Target C9, Walmart Avia & Danskin, Lululemon sports tops & none of those make me sweat anymore than a guys shirt would if worn alone. Some like the lululemon and C9 are designed to wick sweat off the body and keep you cool. These are my go to for Yoga and Pilates now.  Yeah it sucks to have wear one of these it is like struggling to pull off a wet straight jacket with one arm.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 07:13:29 AM »
I had tried gynecomastia compression shirts,  but with my girls, it just seemed to show that I was trying to hide them. A good well shaped underwire that broadens your chest will do more than most compression shirts. 
Bras aren't for women, they're for breasts.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 10:31:10 AM »
What about baggy button up shirts with patterns ? With my big C boobies that's what I do. Works so far .

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 02:52:21 PM »
Thanks for the comments.  It doesn't seem like my idea has worked that well for those that tried it.  I usually wear an underwire bra on the days I walk and am on the PowerFit, particularly if I have to make the 40 min drive to town and back (rough roads-lots of bouncing).  I wear a knit shirt one size larger than I need, but it's still pretty obvious I'm wearing a bra.  I thought the compression shirt might be less obvious.  
I do understand about feeling strangled by a tight fitting shirt - that would not work for me.  Maybe a tight tank top with a loose shirt over might be worth a try.  I can also get 2 bras for the price of one of the compression shirts, so I guess I may be better off with the current program.

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 05:33:56 AM »
What ever works best for you and your lifestyle is what you should do. Whether it's wearing a sports bra, regular bra, or even a compression shirt. You just have to do whatever makes you comfortable both physically and mentally. I also know being a guy who wears a bra everyday, what's comfortable physically isn't gonna be comfortable mentally and vice versa.

I don't have much of a choice. If I go braless, it looks like a couple of puppies running around under my shirt. Its not a good look. It's also not comfortable at all. It's pretty obvious that I'm wearing a bra but whattaya do when your have big boobs? You wear a bra! It isn't the answer for all men with gynecomastia but, it's what I've chosen.

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 12:12:36 PM »
I have tried compression vests and found them not that comfortable.  They squish my boobs.  Being full-busted, I do not go out braless.  I could see a compression vest maybe working if you were only an A or B cup, though.

thumbup
Compression t-shirts

Started by Petervda on Compression Garments

8 Replies
Last post October 03, 2008, 06:21:57 PM
by quickslick
xx
Compression Shirts

Started by greatlakes on Compression Garments

0 Replies
Last post April 21, 2012, 05:48:48 AM
by greatlakes