Hello Guest

Helping A Friend

• 8 Replies
Helping A Friend
« on: March 13, 2019, 08:39:51 PM »
So yesterday I posted a dialogue I had with a came to be friends associate at Home Depot that I frequent at as I prepare to attempt some remodeling before our baby comes, and go there to look, get insight etc. It was lengthy and I took it down. But thought I would give an update for those who may have seen it as I seen it had views before removing it. 
Just briefly...
A guy at the store I've come to be pretty good friends with and talk to quite a bit via text and such and have had drinks with noticed I had a bra on and decided to confront me about it. He's a bigger guy but not obese but has definitely a large bust. He asked me why I'm wearing a bra and I asked why he isn't and we talked awhile. Long story short I was able to convince him to give it a try. Sports bra for work, regular bra for day to day. Convincing him as big as he is a bra isn't going to make things any more noticeable than they already are. I offered to help him shop at walmart thats across the lot from his store before I went in to work next time he opened the store, as the stsore would be dead and departments empty. He agreed and we met today and walked in like this is so weird to be bra shopping with a guy for me...I agreed but we hit the department. We grabbed 8 bras, sports, underwires, and t shirt bras. He went in to a changing room and came out and said he could feel the relief instantly. I said good, that's what I enjoyed about them I can only imagine someone your size. He said yeah, apparently of the one's we grabbed 40D held me in the best and that is just insane to think of a guy with breasts like that. I joked that any girl would be proud to have those and contrary to being a man you should still be proud of them. He bought them and we left and he sent me a thank you later in the day saying he was wearing one at work and no one seems to notice or have said anything.

I never in my life thought I would wear a bra or feel the need for a bra or feel I would look at my chest and see curves creases and bounce and feel good in a bra. More than that I never thought I would help a guy with bras. But this forum has made me feel so confident in myself and it was just incredibly good feeling to know I could help someone who was insecure with his chest. As odd and awkward as it was, I hope that we can do it again as it is always nice to have someone who can relate vs feeling like a freak when shopping. 

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=34193.0

Offline hammer

Re: Helping A Friend
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 09:54:33 PM »
So yesterday I posted a dialogue I had with a came to be friends associate at Home Depot that I frequent at as I prepare to attempt some remodeling before our baby comes, and go there to look, get insight etc. It was lengthy and I took it down. But thought I would give an update for those who may have seen it as I seen it had views before removing it.
Just briefly...
A guy at the store I've come to be pretty good friends with and talk to quite a bit via text and such and have had drinks with noticed I had a bra on and decided to confront me about it. He's a bigger guy but not obese but has definitely a large bust. He asked me why I'm wearing a bra and I asked why he isn't and we talked awhile. Long story short I was able to convince him to give it a try. Sports bra for work, regular bra for day to day. Convincing him as big as he is a bra isn't going to make things any more noticeable than they already are. I offered to help him shop at walmart thats across the lot from his store before I went in to work next time he opened the store, as the stsore would be dead and departments empty. He agreed and we met today and walked in like this is so weird to be bra shopping with a guy for me...I agreed but we hit the department. We grabbed 8 bras, sports, underwires, and t shirt bras. He went in to a changing room and came out and said he could feel the relief instantly. I said good, that's what I enjoyed about them I can only imagine someone your size. He said yeah, apparently of the one's we grabbed 40D held me in the best and that is just insane to think of a guy with breasts like that. I joked that any girl would be proud to have those and contrary to being a man you should still be proud of them. He bought them and we left and he sent me a thank you later in the day saying he was wearing one at work and no one seems to notice or have said anything.

I never in my life thought I would wear a bra or feel the need for a bra or feel I would look at my chest and see curves creases and bounce and feel good in a bra. More than that I never thought I would help a guy with bras. But this forum has made me feel so confident in myself and it was just incredibly good feeling to know I could help someone who was insecure with his chest. As odd and awkward as it was, I hope that we can do it again as it is always nice to have someone who can relate vs feeling like a freak when shopping.
Steven, 

Good for you! I'm glad that you had a chance to help a fellow man out that can benefit from the support of a bra and learn that it is made to support breast,  and that it doesn't matter if those breasts are on a man or a woman!

I'm not so sure that your wife would be as happy with you,  so we'll all agree not to say anything to her, lol!

Job well done my friend!

Bob
I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not!

I am who I am,  and I'm not going to change to please anyone!

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=24515.0

Offline [email protected]

• If you gat um flunt um.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 11:19:23 PM »
Steven;

Good on you!  I have seen men who heed a bra but they are complete stranger so I can't say anything.  I am glad you have a friend you can communicate with and share your thoughts.  I read they you went bra shopping with him and he was very happy with the result but did you get him fitted first?  It sounds like you were shooting I the dark, like most of us do/did, until we got our first fitting.  in fact it is time for me to get fitted again, it has been at least two years since my last one and I have changed (I think) and I just wont to know if I an wearing the right bra.  I have 36/38B bras that fit just as well and 36/38Cs that di the same so I am a little confused.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 09:30:22 AM »
I think that's great! I've tried to help over the internet but I'm not sure how successful I've been. 
Bras aren't for women, they're for breasts.

Offline hammer

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 10:45:20 AM »
I think that's great! I've tried to help over the internet but I'm not sure how successful I've been.
The knowing if, would be nice! However, the being there in the first place is what is important! That is what you did, that is what you must keep in mind!

Offline [email protected]

• If you gat um flunt um.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 05:03:32 PM »
Hammer and ABWG,  I have red several articles in the past where you have both been thanked for you help and guidance in accepting there Gynecomastia condition and helping them where and how to find the right bra for them.  Both of you have been a great help to the people on this site. So accept the praise and keep it up.

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 08:06:09 AM »
After I freed myself from the stress I tried to help others on another board but haven't had much success either. Men with breasts and wearing bras is still a pretty taboo subject with men and no "manly man" will admit to having breasts or wearing a bra for those breasts. Society strikes again. This is the only "main stream" site I have found that men opening speak of their of gynecomastia.

Offline hammer

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 10:47:24 AM »
Hammer and ABWG,  I have red several articles in the past where you have both been thanked for you help and guidance in accepting there Gynecomastia condition and helping them where and how to find the right bra for them.  Both of you have been a great help to the people on this site. So accept the praise and keep it up.

Offline hammer

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 10:51:14 AM »

Thanks Don, I appreciate that!

Bob

xx
Helping the healing

Started by cotton on U.K.

1 Replies
Last post November 05, 2010, 01:54:07 PM
by thetodd
xx
Is the gym helping?

Started by samx1 on User Photos

7 Replies