Gynecomastia Forum, Doctor and Surgery Resources

We are currently making updates. You can login and participate or [Return to Main Gynecomastia Website]

Bras that don't fit as advertised.

Offline [email protected]

• If you gat um flunt um.
Bras that don't fit as advertised.
« on: December 06, 2018, 05:51:09 PM »
I was out hunting for a nude lace racerback push-up bra to day and I found something close enough after 4 stores and got both a 38B and the sister size 36C and tried them on and neither fit my chest size.  Both were to small.  I thought I got a bad one and since There was no other 38B at Pennies I went to Kohls and found the exact same bra by Maiden Form and tired on another 38B with the same results and Kohls was $20 more.  I guess I don't buy Maiden Form bras.  Really frustrating.

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=34084.0
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Re: Bras that don't fit as advertised.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 12:11:43 PM »
Too small in the cup or the band?
Shows why you always need to try on before you buy.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 04:07:14 AM »
You are right, either or both can be wrong, which is why I hate buying a bra with out trying it on.  I have 36Bs that fit like 38Bs and 38Bs that won't even fit around my chest.  You just never know till you try then on,  Another reason not to buy on-line unless you are really sure about the brand you are buying.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 04:18:23 AM »
I feel you. I'm somewhere between a 42C and a 44B usually. And no two brands are ever exactly the same fit.

Offline hammer

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 08:00:46 PM »
That is why it is always best to buy your bras where you can fit before you buy! As guys it takes time to get to the point where we are comfortable with doing that, but once we are no problem!
I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not!

I am who I am,  and I'm not going to change to please anyone!

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=24515.0

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 06:23:37 AM »
I agree Hammer!  I have two store around here that I can try on bras, Kohl's and Dillard's and those are the stores us frequent.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 08:08:22 AM »
My theory is some brands go by the “measure under the bust and add 4 inches” rule (or something similar) for band size while others are simply “measure under the bust”. For example I’ve never found Playtex that fits at anything smaller than a 44 band, yet Torrid and Lane Bryant are comfortable at 42 (I measure 41 inches).  Wacoal is another brand where you need to go up a band size for usual fit. And I haven’t cracked the code for other brands.

This “add 4” is a puzzling rule to me and no doubt contributes to the reason the “80% are wearing the wrong size” claim.  Who would measure their waist, add 4, and pick a pair of pants off the rack?  Goofy!

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 09:46:37 AM »
It is important to find a store you are comfortable in and they know you and your size and styles that work. This is true not only for males but females as well. I did the hit and miss thing and buying without trying and never having the same size work bra to bra. I wasted more money than I have spent since I found a locally owned small boutique where I buy my bras now. Getting fitted and buying from a trusted company, small or national chain, is the key to getting the support you need without going broke. I can't recommend it enough.

xx
Any bras that don't show around the top of shirt?

Started by Caslas213 on Acceptance Garments

28 Replies
Last post July 27, 2014, 03:35:44 PM
by Bman41
xx
IF MEN IN BRAS BOTHER YOU DON"T READ!!!!

Started by 13genof on Polls

104 Replies
Last post July 03, 2018, 06:49:06 AM
by hammer
xx
GET FIT!!

Started by Daniel_uk987 on Gynecomastia Talk

4 Replies
Last post February 13, 2007, 10:22:12 AM
by MRD
xx
Adidas Tech fit