Author Topic: Karidis - crater deformity  (Read 65 times)

Offline spooon

• Posting Member
I am 12 months post op with Karidis. Unfortunately i am left with a crater deformity that looks particularly bad on flexing the right pec. I think he removed too much gland and my skin is stuck to the muscle. My gyno wasn't that bad to begin with so i am gutted. He is offering to attempt a fat graft. Has anyone suffered a similar fate with Karidis and had a revision done either by him or elsewhere?

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/forum/index.php?topic=35761.0

Offline hauser99

• Posting Member
Sorry to hear that mate. I am almost two years post op and my results were ok but not as good as I thought they would be. I too have a slight crater deformity on one side when flexing and a little bit of lumpiness on the other side.

After reading a few threads on here about Karidis and revisions he seemed reluctant to do them so I never requested one. I probably should have although after doing some research it appears that fat grafts don't seem to be very successful.

Hope it goes well for you.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:03:56 PM by hauser99 »

Offline spooon

• Posting Member
Hi Hauser, sorry to hear your outcome was less than perfect. Karidis seems a little aggressive with gland removal. I was initially happy but as things started to heal, you realise that you actually end up flexing the chest a lot more than you think, and the mirror is a daily reminder the reportedly best in the UK hasn't quite worked out for you. The fat graft doesn't seem like a risk i want to take given the poor success, covid risk, and not able to exercise again for a few weeks. The fat flap technique seems more promising. Have you researched that technique / surgeons?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2020