Gynecomastia Support Forum

General => User Photos => Topic started by: abardo on February 23, 2021, 07:25:15 PM

Title: please tell me is it fat or gyne?
Post by: abardo on February 23, 2021, 07:25:15 PM
i'm a 15 years old boy, my friend often mocking me about this, is my breast really that big?,how bad is my gyno? what should i do? is there any other way except surgery?, i'm too scared to do surgery
Title: Re: please tell me is it fat or gyne?
Post by: Dale Warnio on February 24, 2021, 06:42:30 AM
Your breasts are quite large and female in appearance with puffy feminine nipples.  Definitely gynecomastia. I am sure your breasts jiggle quite a bit and you can see them including moving under your tops with nipples sometimes even showing through.

Surgery is the only treatment and you are too young. Maybe they will go away with time, but most likely just grow bigger. How long have you been developing breasts?
Post by: abardo on February 24, 2021, 08:32:22 AM
its been 5 years, i hope its will go away by time. because i dont want having a c or d cup in my teenage time. do you think if i do a strict sport it will decrease even a bit?
Post by: Dale Warnio on February 24, 2021, 11:45:59 AM
If your breasts have been growing for 5 years and you are only 15, then you started developing earlier than most girls.  If your breasts haven’t gone away in five years, but instead keep getting bigger, then they will not go away no matter what you do.  Instead, your breasts will most likely growing bigger.  You probably do have a C or D or even bigger bra cup size in your future. 

Have you ever tried wearing a bra?
Post by: FredL on February 24, 2021, 01:08:56 PM
I think Dale is right. 

Here's my advice fwiw -

Start losing weight and see if the chest gets any smaller. If you're lucky, the gynecomastia is temporary and it will go away as the pounds come off. Work out, too. 

If you end up thinner but the boobs don't change, then try a compression shirt or vest or bra. Something to make it less noticeable or to support things.

If it bugs the sht out of you, drives you crazy, and eff's with your head, bring it up with your family doctor and take it from there. 

I'm 57 and I lived with it until 5 weeks ago. I don't recommend taking that route unless you're cool with having boobs because it will be a sucky thing in your life that stops you from having the kind fun that manly chested men have.   
Post by: p.r.1974 on February 24, 2021, 01:40:22 PM
Echoing the previous posts with regard to development if weight loss or nature does not "correct" this. That definition is only up to you.

The two options being surgery or acceptance, with pros and cons for both.

If you choose surgery, make sure to do your homework, and be sure that it is what you want to do. Find an experienced doctor, and ask lots of questions. Not sure how young they will do this, but don't rush with someone less qualified. Talking with a parent will be required for consent, if doing this before 18 I believe.

If you choose acceptance do your homework as well. There is a lot of information to assimilate for both options. Choose someone you trust to be open with if you can, the internet is full of information, and a lot of bull; so it helps to have someone in your life to walk with you in this.

Relax if you can, you have many years to come.
Post by: abardo on February 24, 2021, 05:24:03 PM
If your breasts have been growing for 5 years and you are only 15, then you started developing earlier than most girls.  If your breasts haven’t gone away in five years, but instead keep getting bigger, then they will not go away no matter what you do.  Instead, your breasts will most likely growing bigger.  You probably do have a C or D or even bigger bra cup size in your future.

Have you ever tried wearing a bra?
no i haven't , because i don't how to measure and many things . ii thought my breast is already very big. but it will grow again??, what a shocking info
Post by: abardo on February 24, 2021, 05:30:03 PM
Echoing the previous posts with regard to development if weight loss or nature does not "correct" this. That definition is only up to you.

The two options being surgery or acceptance, with pros and cons for both.

If you choose surgery, make sure to do your homework, and be sure that it is what you want to do. Find an experienced doctor, and ask lots of questions. Not sure how young they will do this, but don't rush with someone less qualified. Talking with a parent will be required for consent, if doing this before 18 I believe.

If you choose acceptance do your homework as well. There is a lot of information to assimilate for both options. Choose someone you trust to be open with if you can, the internet is full of information, and a lot of bull; so it helps to have someone in your life to walk with you in this.

Relax if you can, you have many years to come.
i hope there is miracle to create option 3. because i dont really want to do surgery because im scared and ofcoz money. but i dont want to accept it either. because my friend either boy and girl always bullied me. even girls in my class jealous with this. and it's really embarassing
Post by: SideSet on February 24, 2021, 06:15:30 PM
Kids can be mean. I am sorry. 

Your nipples are larger and more puffy than a male’s.  Also, your breasts have a female shape  and are at least average, maybe more, for a girl your age.

Especially since you said, you started developing  breasts quite sometime ago, it is very unlikely they will go away. Quite likely they will continue to grow bigger and bigger. 

Can you feel anything more solid or harder behind your nipples? 

Post by: FredL on February 24, 2021, 06:25:27 PM
You should get a compression vest or some other kind of shirt that flattens things out. Even the skinny flat chested kids are wearing compression shirts under their clothing to look smoother and more toned. There's no reason why you can't do it too. Do some research, you can order something right now and have it in a couple days. You'll feel and look much better. 
Post by: abardo on February 24, 2021, 07:12:28 PM
Kids can be mean. I am sorry.

Your nipples are larger and more puffy than a male’s.  Also, your breasts have a female shape  and are at least average, maybe more, for a girl your age.

Especially since you said, you started developing  breasts quite sometime ago, it is very unlikely they will go away. Quite likely they will continue to grow bigger and bigger.

Can you feel anything more solid or harder behind your nipples?
yes, i can feel somthing solid, what is that?
Post by: Dale Warnio on February 24, 2021, 07:41:20 PM
I bet you are a B cup. Since you are only 15 and your breasts still developing, you certainly will end up at least a C cup. My guess would be a D cup or bigger. In either case, that is too big to go braless, so the issue will soon be solved for you.  You will soon need to wear a bra, both for support and for modesty. 
Post by: Dale Warnio on February 24, 2021, 07:45:26 PM
Oh, and the solid thing you feel beneath your nipples would be mammary glands.  That means you are developing functional female breasts and it is not fat.   
Post by: SideSet on February 24, 2021, 08:11:28 PM
Just like Dale said, you were feeling your mammary glands.   That means your breasts, just like female breasts, or made up of mammary gland and fatty tissue.   Theoretically, you could produce milk under the right circumstances,  just like a woman. 
Post by: abardo on February 24, 2021, 08:35:58 PM
Just like Dale said, you were feeling your mammary glands.  That means your breasts, just like female breasts, or made up of mammary gland and fatty tissue.  Theoretically, you could produce milk under the right circumstances,  just like a woman.
wht?? yes , i know that i feel that my breast is really tight , but is my gyne really that bad?
Post by: Dale Warnio on February 24, 2021, 08:40:09 PM
I wouldn’t say bad or good, just that the construction of your breasts is the same construction as women’s breasts, so your breasts could be capable of producing milk just like a woman’s breasts are. 
Post by: abardo on February 24, 2021, 08:48:31 PM
I wouldn’t say bad or good, just that the construction of your breasts is the same construction as women’s breasts, so your breasts could be capable of producing milk just like a woman’s breasts are.
so it caused by imbalance hormone right?, if i consume testosterone things, would it help?
Post by: Dale Warnio on February 24, 2021, 09:22:17 PM
Yes and no. 

Yes, most likely a hormone in balance.

No, surprisingly enough, taking testosterone should increase your breast growth 
Post by: abardo on February 25, 2021, 01:14:55 AM
Yes and no.

Yes, most likely a hormone in balance.

No, surprisingly enough, taking testosterone should increase your breast growth
okay thank you very much, i just still confused why i have a larger girl's breast then some of the girls
Post by: Aussie63 on February 25, 2021, 05:46:01 AM
I am sorry for what you are going through abardo. I think we all need to take a breath and realize how young you are, and how brave you are for reaching out.

I know it won't be easy but it might be better to wait until your growth stops before deciding what to do about it. There might be situations now where a compression top will hide your growth adequately, but have you thought about how you would make yourself comfortable in the medium and long term before getting surgery to remove your breasts, if that is what you would eventually do? Have you imagined what to wear in the meantime? How does that make you feel?
Post by: curiousk on February 25, 2021, 06:50:37 AM
I'm going to agree with everyone else.  This is not a good or bad situation.  You have a decision to make in dealing with this.  Surgery or acceptance.  I believe that it's important to talk to people you trust like your mom, older sisters, friends that are girls, your doctor.  In the short term, they can help you with dealing with your appearance and the movement of your breasts.  That might included wearing a compression shirt or a bra.  Your doctor can run tests to check your hormones.

My breasts were the same size of yours at 15.  At that time, nobody talked to me about it.  Not my mom, sisters or doctors.  I had some girls in my classes tell me that I should wear a bra.  I could have used some advice at that time.  If I could go back in time, I'd wear a bra and be comfortable at 15.  The jiggling and movement caused a lot of discomfort.  Wearing layering shirts gets hot in the summer.  If you are considering wearing a bra, talk to a female friend you trust about it.  Then go to a store or boutique and try some on.  See if this is something you would be comfortable wearing.

I never wanted surgery and I understand why some guys don't want it.  If you choose surgery, talk to a lot of doctors and ask for references on previous patients.  

This is a great website with lots of information and perspectives.  Use the message boards and PM anybody for advice.
Post by: abardo on February 25, 2021, 07:39:36 AM
I'm going to agree with everyone else.  This is not a good or bad situation.  You have a decision to make in dealing with this.  Surgery or acceptance.  I believe that it's important to talk to people you trust like your mom, older sisters, friends that are girls, your doctor.  In the short term, they can help you with dealing with your appearance and the movement of your breasts.  That might included wearing a compression shirt or a bra.  Your doctor can run tests to check your hormones.

My breasts were the same size of yours at 15.  At that time, nobody talked to me about it.  Not my mom, sisters or doctors.  I had some girls in my classes tell me that I should wear a bra.  I could have used some advice at that time.  If I could go back in time, I'd wear a bra and be comfortable at 15.  The jiggling and movement caused a lot of discomfort.  Wearing layering shirts gets hot in the summer.  If you are considering wearing a bra, talk to a female friend you trust about it.  Then go to a store or boutique and try some on.  See if this is something you would be comfortable wearing.

I never wanted surgery and I understand why some guys don't want it.  If you choose surgery, talk to a lot of doctors and ask for references on previous patients. 

This is a great website with lots of information and perspectives.  Use the message boards and PM anybody for advice.
i really wanted to talk about this to people near me, but my family said that it will gone by time, and for my friends, i have tricked twice by my friends , first by a boy and second by a pair of girls. so i decided to not talk to friends anymore about this
Post by: curiousk on February 25, 2021, 02:32:54 PM
I'm not sure that they will go away in time.  Chances are that they will stay the time or getting bigger.  You have glandular tissue in your breasts that is responding to the hormone imbalance like a female.  That's your reality right now.   

It's wishful thinking by your family that they'll just go away in time.  It might, but not likely.  That sucks that you tried talking to friends and they betrayed you.  Like I said, a lot of us on the forum have a lot of experience and wisdom to share.  
Post by: abardo on February 25, 2021, 10:17:22 PM
I am sorry for what you are going through abardo. I think we all need to take a breath and realize how young you are, and how brave you are for reaching out.

I know it won't be easy but it might be better to wait until your growth stops before deciding what to do about it. There might be situations now where a compression top will hide your growth adequately, but have you thought about how you would make yourself comfortable in the medium and long term before getting surgery to remove your breasts, if that is what you would eventually do? Have you imagined what to wear in the meantime? How does that make you feel?
i still really dont know what to wear, maybe this pandemic time make me more confortable, because i dont have to meet with the boys who mocking me or girls who jealous with me
Post by: Dale Warnio on February 25, 2021, 10:47:23 PM
I think you might want to try a compression vest going out and a bra at home.   That way you can find out what works best for you 
Post by: SideSet on February 25, 2021, 11:06:57 PM
I agree that it is very very unlikely to go away and very likely your breasts keep developing for a few more years.

I also agree you should try wearing a bra at home.

I think a compression vest might work now for going out, but when your breasts grow bigger, might not work for you.
Post by: blad on February 25, 2021, 11:26:33 PM
I would agree to at least try a bra and see how it works for you, as you may need to accommodate having growing breasts for some time.

I developed breasts at age 13 and, although I initially resisted the suggestions to try a bra, I ultimately realized that I preferred wearing one. So I speak with some experience. 
Post by: abardo on February 26, 2021, 12:59:52 AM
I would agree to at least try a bra and see how it works for you, as you may need to accommodate having growing breasts for some time.

I developed breasts at age 13 and, although I initially resisted the suggestions to try a bra, I ultimately realized that I preferred wearing one. So I speak with some experience.
but in my place, a boy wearing a bra is seen as very2 strange, and i dont have a friend which is a girl who can help me buy that
Post by: MarcoB on February 26, 2021, 05:30:01 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your lack of support from your family; and I suspect your age puts you in a difficult spot where you don't have very good financial resources or even ability to have a paypal or credit-card account, to buy yourself the needed clothes discreetly, online.  If I'm wrong (hopefully I am), maybe you can give us an idea of what you could afford, and some measurements, and collect some recommendations here.  All of my own clothes were always bought for me by the women in my life until nearly age 60 when gyne started its intrusion into my life, and I felt like I had to handle it alone.

Bras are generally not cheap (although there are exceptions), and unless you can try on quite a few at a lingerie store, it will take quite a few purchased online (and a lot of research) before you finally land on ones that fit you right and are comfortable.  I understand many (if not most) lingerie shops will make appointments for males before or after hours so they don't freak out the women.  I haven't gotten my nerve up to try it yet myself.  I started with really cheap Chinese sports bras I bought online; and although they're not my favorite, at least they prevent the pain I was getting when riding bike, and I still use them for that, and there's no tell-tale bra outline clearly visible through my jersey.  The problem I've had with them for anything else is that they bite into the fronts of my shoulders.  It's more comfortable (but more expensive too) to have something more resembling a bra, although I'm still cheap, and I want something that hides well, too.  (With reasonable shirts, ie, not tight, my gyne is still hidable, and hopefully will remain that way.  My mother's breasts are very small, which I hope will work in my favor.)  Running without a bra is awful.  My need is greater now than it was last summer though, so I'm wondering how I'll get through the coming summer discreetly.  Going braless ranges from irritating to painful. I hate it!

There have been a couple of other 15-year-old boys on the forum recently, but they don't stick around long.  It would be great if you could all communicate and see what has helped the others, in the various aspects, social, family, fitting, finances, etc..  I really feel for you.  Kids can be so cruel.  For me as an introvert, it was bad enough in high school even without having gyne yet.  Hopefully this forum will turn out to be a huge help for you.
Post by: Dale Warnio on February 26, 2021, 06:34:48 AM
 I think blad is right.  You should at least try a bra. I think you’ll really like it and look very good in it. 

Could you ask your mom? 

Are there any girls who have said you need to wear a bra? You could ask one of them. 

You could also sneak into one of your mother’s bras.
Post by: brock123 on February 27, 2021, 11:24:12 PM
abardo (https://www.gynecomastia.org/forum/profile/u=40132), while I concur with all other opinions expressed here, I do need to ask this: are you comfortable with potentially being identified as female by peers and/or strangers?  Would your continued breast development cause you any significant emotional stress?

I think this is an important designation to call out.  You are indeed very young compared to most of the forum members that benefit from much more "life experience" in this matter, and may not be able to give you an adequate emotional assessment/opinion (I'm in this group, I'm 48 for goodness sake!).

What I would hate to see is a young person like yourself taking the advice of notably older person(s) that might not be able to fully understand today's social environment.  While there is nothing anatomically "wrong" being a male with enlarged breasts, the condition has been, and will likely continue to be, a very real social problem for those afflicted.

My advice, for what it's worth, is that "you be you".  That may be easier said than done, of course, but your true friends/family will not care at all what you decide.  That's what makes them "true" :)

If you are mostly concerned with external judgement, surgery is likely to be your best option.  If judgement isn't a big deal for you, I also suggest trying a handful of comfort options available to you.  Yeah, this basically means putting on a bra of some kind.

Post by: JohannK on March 02, 2021, 04:52:44 AM
Just came across this thread now.

I'm 28 and developed my gyne in my early 20's, so I can't speak from experience about school and gyne.  However, I agree with the general consensus that you'd be better off in a bra, at least at home for the time being.  I don't know about you, but I find my nipples (and even breast skin overall) are very prone to irritation from rubbing on shirts, and I'm currently still trying to muster the courage to start buying myself (so I know it's not easy).  If you also have to deal with the same sensitivity issues then a bra will certainly help.

And as others have said, that solid mass you felt is the glandular tissue.  So you definitely have real breasts, not just a bit of fat that you can get rid of with exercise.  The general rule of thumb is that gyne will either clear up within 2 years, or stay for life.  So I'm afraid it's not looking good for "going away in time".  And as it has been mentioned, taking testosterone supplements can cause your gyne to get even worse.  If your body decided to maintain a specific balance between testosterone and estrogen, it'll keep that balance by converting a lot of the extra testosterone into estrogen.  Besides, those supplements can also come with various unwanted side effects.

With regards to the other kids at school, I know this isn't easy but you'll have to develop a thick skin.  I didn't have breasts at the time, but I was bullied a LOT (words can't describe it).  Remember, they're looking for a reaction.  If you don't give them the reaction they're looking for they'll eventually stop.  And remember, it's your body not theirs'.  So don't be pressured to make a decision based on what they want.
SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2021