Gynecomastia Support Forum

Gynecomastia Acceptance => Acceptance Garments => Topic started by: taxmapper on September 11, 2020, 05:55:54 PM

Title: Shaving the boobs.... Anyone?
Post by: taxmapper on September 11, 2020, 05:55:54 PM
this is something I have wondered about. 
I have had issues my whole life with hair follicles getting infected and causing in many instances very painful acne. 

Daily showers with exfoliation helps somewhat, but in many instances the sharp needle like pain of a pimple just isn't worth it. 
so I shave most everything. 

when the growth started I also found that shaving off any chest hair and around the nipps have helped dramatically in comfort.  granted the typical ingrown hair issue does come up from time to time, but I have also noticed that without the hair, the "feel" of the breasts are far better than with. 

so does anyone else take time to depilate the bulges? 

Title: Re: Shaving the boobs.... Anyone?
Post by: Dudewithboobs on September 11, 2020, 06:28:55 PM
I don’t depilatory but I shave my chest a hairy body overall is just unattractive for myself I’d shave everything if my wife let me lol no reason or rhyme just more comfortable I am an avid runner so the shaving helps especially when I run on my lunch breaks to be able to cool off easier and not have sweat all over legs and stuff when I change back plus hairy boobs is just weirder than boobs on a man so I shave 
Post by: Beeches on September 11, 2020, 06:49:51 PM
Absolutely!

I can’t tell you why, but I just cannot bear hairy boobs. There is something that just seems wrong about breast and nipples covered in hair. Or maybe it is just me...

On a more practical level, I sometimes wear a sports bra and don’t enjoy the involuntary hair removal that otherwise occurs when I take it off.

I keep the whole chest region hair-free by shaving, and if I could find a way of doing it on a longer-term basis without the stubble problem I would do so. I have also used depilatory cream a few times, but this doesn’t seem to work for any longer than shaving. Not sure I’m brave enough to try waxing, though. Has anyone tried one of those cheap IPL devices?
Post by: Traveler on September 11, 2020, 07:18:25 PM
I don’t really have any chest hair. Just a little between my breasts down low, about where the gore of the bra fits. I thought it was because I have a little American Indian (Cherokee) in me. With what I’ve learned however, is it’s probably because my hormones have been out of balance my whole life! I started getting boobs young and could pass the pencil test at 14. Couldn’t even grow a beard (barely) till my mid twenties. My arms and legs used to be fairly hairy but not so much anymore.
Post by: DW20 on September 12, 2020, 01:25:13 AM
Yes I shave. Makes bra wearing far more comfortable. 
It was my supportive wife's suggestion and she was right. 
Unexpected bonus was the increased attention my breasts get in bed! I suppose in the past she preferred not to to have a mouthful of hair + plus the boys on my chest have got bigger. 
Post by: Charlee on September 12, 2020, 05:37:29 PM
Yes, I shave my chest during every shower. My bra feels so much more comfortable. There is one excess benefit not many people think about: if one finds themselves in the emergency room it makes the EEG leads much less painful to remove.
I was sent to the ER from my Drs office once with A-Fib. When the nurse went to put the leads on she said something like I’m sorry I don’t have any beads to throw at you.:D
Post by: Beeches on September 13, 2020, 06:40:46 PM
So, does anyone else hate having hairy breasts and hate shaving them? Shaving certainly gets rid of the hair, but it grows back so fast. Has anyone hit on the perfect way to remove hair for longer periods?
Post by: curiousk on September 13, 2020, 07:03:46 PM
Luckily for me, I was never a hairy guy so any shaving I do is quick and easy.   It lasts for a long time. 
Post by: Charlee on September 13, 2020, 07:06:30 PM
Beeches,
As soon as I can come up with some extra cash, I would love to get laser hair removal.
Post by: Dale Warnio on September 13, 2020, 09:21:03 PM
Oh, I like what the nurse said. She must have been quite impressed.

It was a non threatening way of saying she noticed, of course, and that she thought you had large female breasts. 

What did you say?

Were there any further interactions?
Post by: Charlee on September 14, 2020, 06:28:29 AM
I'm afraid I didn't catch on. (My brain is slow like that.) I have never been to Mardi Gras so it was lost on me until my wife had to explain it to me. I thanked the nurse and commented "I'm just glad I shaved this morning." She didn't comment on my statement however.
Post by: Beeches on September 14, 2020, 08:57:17 AM
Charlee - I’m probably being very naive here, but I just don’t get the bead throwing Mardi Gras reference - perhaps it gets lost on us Limeys? I’m intrigued to know what it means...

Curiousk - Have you ever tried laser depilation? I wondered how well it works? Having it done professionally seem quite expensive, but I have seen some pretty cheap IPL devices on sale on some of the Chinese sites. They are supposed to work if you have light skin and dark hair, so maybe it would be worth a try? It would certainly be nice if I could eventually stop the chest hair growth completely. I don’t see a time when I would ever wish to have hairy boobs, and they don’t seem to be going anywhere!
Post by: Charlee on September 14, 2020, 09:12:45 AM
Beeches, At Mardi Gras it has been known to happen that parade onlookers who flash their boobs to a parade float will get showered with beaded necklaces. It is a sign of how well endowed you are by how many necklaces you have.
Post by: Beeches on September 14, 2020, 09:18:36 AM
Ahhh - Now I get it. Sounds like a nice tradition! If we organised an Acceptance Forum trip to Mardi Gras next year I wonder how many necklaces we would get between us? (https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f609.png)
Post by: aboywithgirls on September 14, 2020, 10:10:09 AM
Now that would be alot of fun.
Post by: curiousk on September 14, 2020, 06:51:01 PM
Charlee - I’m probably being very naive here, but I just don’t get the bead throwing Mardi Gras reference - perhaps it gets lost on us Limeys? I’m intrigued to know what it means...

Curiousk - Have you ever tried laser depilation? I wondered how well it works? Having it done professionally seem quite expensive, but I have seen some pretty cheap IPL devices on sale on some of the Chinese sites. They are supposed to work if you have light skin and dark hair, so maybe it would be worth a try? It would certainly be nice if I could eventually stop the chest hair growth completely. I don’t see a time when I would ever wish to have hairy boobs, and they don’t seem to be going anywhere!
Beeches, no reason to do anything that when 1 minute with a razor takes care of that.   I mean that literally have very little body hair to speak of.  I shave the little chest hair I have in 30 seconds and I do it once every 2 weeks. 
Post by: Beeches on September 14, 2020, 07:08:47 PM
I’m envious! I’m stubbly after about 2 days at best. 2 weeks of no chest hair would be bliss!

Ironically, I also had little body hair for many years until I was put onto TRT. Suddenly there was hair everywhere. I guess I could stop TRT, but I know how bad I felt before I started it, and I don’t want to think about the consequential breast growth!
Post by: Beeches on September 16, 2020, 08:18:31 AM
I’m planning to try one of the cheap IPL hair removal devices from China. They are supposed to be painless, and with repeated use they weaken the hair follicles which eventually give up and then no more hair!

I’m a little doubtful about how effective it will be, but I would be very happy not to have to keep shaving my chest.

My daughter has one and says it seems to work quite well. I could not bring myself to ask if I could borrow hers, though. Does anyone have experience of using one? Did it work for you?
Post by: Charlee on September 16, 2020, 08:52:54 AM
Sorry Beeches, I'll just wait for your report 
Post by: Beeches on September 16, 2020, 09:03:39 AM
Well, I’ve place an order and it is on it’s way so I should be reporting back in a few weeks, I would think.
Post by: SideSet on September 19, 2020, 06:48:34 AM
So glad you all are embracing having breasts like a woman. I have. It is so healthy and positive that all of you are taking the actions to make your breasts most attractive. And enjoying positive reactions to them. Hair and bras don’t go together.  You have female breasts and should present them the most feminine way possible. 
Post by: DW20 on September 19, 2020, 06:56:12 AM
Totally agree. I found even before bra wearing that going hairless made my chest far more comfortable especially when wearing slim fit shirts. This is even more true with bra wearing.
It is not a matter of looks, though I admit I much prefer the look. It just seems right right, but that is probably just a societal norm creeping in
Post by: aboywithgirls on September 19, 2020, 01:15:42 PM
I can't speak to shaving my chest as I never developed any. However I'm sure that If you are wearing a bra, chest hair most probably is uncomfortable as your bra may shift and tug at your chest hair and be uncomfortable. 
Post by: Beeches on September 19, 2020, 01:23:51 PM
I can vouch for the discomfort, particularly with sports bras which tend to pull hairs out when removing them!

I suppose not liking the appearance of hair on breasts is not a logical thing for a male - after all the breasts are the anomaly, not the hair. Even so, I much prefer to be hairless now I have breasts.
Post by: blad on September 19, 2020, 04:26:13 PM
I would prefer to have a smooth chest as I do believe a bra looks better. 

My wife has been fully accepting of my need to wear a bra full time for years, and even has commented that I need a bra more than she does. But, I think she would take it as odd if I removed my chest hair. 
Post by: mgr on September 20, 2020, 11:27:40 PM
Yes, I shave mine for comfort and looks.  I have also gotten laser light treatments. They were completely hairless for a couple of months, but now have about 30% of the original hair growth coming back. 

Bras are way more comfortable amd less hot without chest hair.
Post by: Bosh808 on September 23, 2020, 05:32:48 AM
I occasionally shave my chest area and like everyone else says, my bra fits better also. It seems like the bra stays in place.
Post by: Goodnplenty on September 23, 2020, 01:42:42 PM
I prefer to be shaved.  I think it looks better and feels  better.  But my wife likes a hairy chest so I only shave a couple of times a year when things start looking completely unkempt. 
Post by: qwerty6 on September 25, 2020, 03:07:44 PM
Fortunately I’ve never had hair on my chest , but if I did , I would definitely remove it ( especially now I have started wearing bras) , not just for aesthetics, but I can imagine getting hair caught in a bra is not a pleasant experience
Post by: Rob 34a on October 09, 2020, 04:50:09 PM
so does anyone else take time to depilate the bulges?
Yes. I use a epilator from the nose down. Started with my arms and legs. Eventually whole body. And over time hair does thin out and grow back at a reduced rate. Even on the face. 
Post by: Lbrown on December 20, 2020, 02:02:45 PM
I really like the smooth feel, but in my case it takes daily maintenance. I asked my wife which she prefers. She said either smooth or hairy, but not in-between. Stubble, yikes.
Post by: Dudewithboobs on December 27, 2020, 02:39:13 PM
My wife and I aren’t intimate much but my chest has definitely become more breast than chest and with that I can’t help but think of if I was intimate with my wife and her breasts had hair how that would be like. So that keeps me in check to stay shaven and smooth to ensure when we are and she is intimate with that area of me that she isn’t working around any hair. I’m sure my wife isn’t fond of seeing my breasts or feeling my chest and feeling their continued growth and I often wonder when she grabs them is she thinking to herself why are these getting bigger. So anything to keep the experience of intimacy more enjoyable and less gross for her cause if I was a woman I surely wouldn’t be too excited about seeing these on my man.  
SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2021