Gynecomastia Support Forum

Gynecomastia Acceptance => Photos => Topic started by: curiousk on December 29, 2019, 05:36:54 AM

Title: Sharing first photos
Post by: curiousk on December 29, 2019, 05:36:54 AM
Hey all.   I, like most of you, having had boobs a large majority of my life.   After many years of dealing with this and with inspiration from this website, I’ve decided to start wearing a bra daily.   I’ve been doing so for the last 10 days.   What a difference and I probably should have done this 25 years ago.   I’ve attached some pictures.
Title: Re: Sharing first photos
Post by: dbweb on December 29, 2019, 05:30:46 PM
Hope you went to a store that was able to help you find the right size as it certainly was time for you to add some support to your chest assets!  Seems that the couple of pictures you provided of the bras you picked were well fitted if not a bit on the tight side.  In any case, as others have mentioned in different posts, it is not only about fit but also about your comfort, and dealing with your look after a good fit can be managed as well with selective choices in shirts you wear.  
As you go forward, you will find that comfort always out weighs any concerns you might start with wearing this type of support garment.  Good area to seek advice from others in similar situation to what you find your self in.

Take care and don't look back!
Post by: curiousk on December 29, 2019, 08:56:42 PM
Yes, I did have a bra fitting.   I measured to be a 44B/C.    I tried on several bras and those fit me well.   They are comfortable.   The strap is firm and comfortable.    Having never worn a bra before, I have nothing to compare to.   Sometimes I hear that can’t wait to get out of their bras, I don’t feel that way at all.  I love the fact that I can go up and down stairs, speed walk, hit bumps on the road, etc without bouncing boobs.

I will need to figure out the chooses of shirts to wear as I don’t want to project too much, but be supported.    At this point, I’m caring less and less about that.   

Thank you for your supportive comments.  

Post by: Johndoe1 on December 30, 2019, 07:31:45 AM
If you are wearing the correct size and fit bra, you can wear your bra all day in comfort. Women complain about their bras when they are not the correct size or fit. Getting fitted by a knowledgeable fitter is the best way to go. I measured at a 42C when I started wearing a bra and at that size, bras never fit and were uncomfortable. After about a year of that I found a local small shop who would quietly fit men and got a fitting and found out I was not a 42C but a 38DD! The difference in fit and comfort and support were night and day. I went from tolerating a bra for 8 hours to wearing a bra for 16 or 18 hours a day and not even being uncomfortable and actually looked better and easier to downplay my chest. Finding the right size and fit is very important for not only support but comfort. The bra needs to mold around the body and breasts for max comfort and support.
Post by: curiousk on December 31, 2019, 04:49:51 AM
The fitting is so important and taking the time to try on lots of bras.   My fitter allowed me to put my shirt back on and walk around the store to see if I liked.   She was also very honest with how it looked.   I’m looking to support without a lot of enhancement.   I think I accomplished that with these bras.   While I like the support of underwire, it’s projects my breasts a little too much.   I’m open minded to trying different types of underwire bras.   
Post by: Johndoe1 on December 31, 2019, 08:42:12 AM
The fitting is so important and taking the time to try on lots of bras.  My fitter allowed me to put my shirt back on and walk around the store to see if I liked.  She was also very honest with how it looked.  I’m looking to support without a lot of enhancement.  I think I accomplished that with these bras.  While I like the support of underwire, it’s projects my breasts a little too much.  I’m open minded to trying different types of underwire bras. 
To find a fitter that will honestly tell you if you look right in a bra or not is priceless. That helps to keep from drawing attention to the chest. I was lucky to find a fitter who cares about support first, appearance second. I have asked to try a certain bra and she would say, that bra will not work for you and then she would get it for me and I would put it on and sure enough, she was right. So I have really come to trust her judgement after that. After I started wearing bras from her shop I immediately noticed that eyes didn't not go to my chest as often as it used to. To find a good fitter that puts your interests above her bottom line is pure gold.
Post by: SideSet on January 10, 2020, 03:10:01 AM
You definitely have a large, female breasts, so like any woman, need to wear a bra.  It is good that you have started wearing a bra, and not surprised that you like the way you feel in a bra. I think you also look much better in a bra, more polished, more put together, everything held nicely in place, no more nipping out, no more jiggling.  Once putting on your bra gets to be second nature for you every time you get dressed, and the only question is not whether you will wear a bra but which bra you want to wear today, I believe you’ll become comfortable wearing underwire bras, and will enjoy the greater support, shaping, and uplift they provide.

You will obviously be wearing a bra the rest of your life, so it is good that you have started off with a bra fitting.  You should get fitted at least every six months, because the shape and size of our breasts change, and so do our needs in a bra. 

What store did you go to?
Post by: curiousk on January 11, 2020, 01:43:01 PM
I reside in Canada.    I’m American and my wife’s Canadian.    They have store called Addition Elle, the Canadian version of Lane Bryant.   They have a great selection of bras to choose from.
Post by: SideSet on January 11, 2020, 02:27:18 PM
Those bras look great on you, and you definitely need to wear a bra.   Glad you found a good store for buying your bras, as you will need to build a nice bra collection, just like any other woman has 
Post by: curiousk on January 11, 2020, 09:51:22 PM
Yes I know that I need to wear a bra.   Honestly, it something that I should have done years ago.   I didn’t want the hassle or ridicule for wearing one.   Now I’m good with wearing one.  The next one I’ll get is minimizer with underwire.  
Post by: SideSet on January 13, 2020, 10:43:42 AM
 How does your wife feel about you having breasts like a woman, in fact, bigger than many women, so needing to wear a bra for all the reasons a woman does?  How do the size of her breast compared to yours?
Post by: curiousk on January 13, 2020, 08:57:17 PM
My wife is ok with me having breasts.   She was never bothered by it and they are a part of our sex lives.   She’s ok with my wearing a bra and she said it doesn’t bother her.    She use to be 46D until she had a reduction.   Now she’s a 36C.   I’m a 44B.
Post by: SideSet on January 14, 2020, 01:36:07 AM
Do you go bra shopping together?
Post by: curiousk on January 14, 2020, 07:32:20 AM
No, I don’t think she’s there yet.  One day maybe.   I went to my fitting by myself and sent her the pictures as I tried on.
Post by: SideSet on January 14, 2020, 07:04:12 PM
 Positive that she and you were comfortable enough with it that you could send her pictures of it 
Post by: curiousk on January 14, 2020, 11:05:45 PM
Yes, she was great during that time.   Telling which bras she liked or the ones she didn’t like.    She kept saying “which ever one is most comfortable with “
Post by: curiousk on January 25, 2020, 04:19:39 PM
I bought this bra about 2 weeks after my initial purchases.  It’s underwire, lace and does project my breasts some. When I look in the mirror and see my breasts looking good in the bra, it makes me feel good.  It’s comfortable and I’m ok with a bit of projection.    My  wife has said wear whatever is comfortable, but this is the only bra that’s I have that uplifts and projects a bit.    I figure if I’m wearing bras, I can have a bit of fun with it.
Post by: Johndoe1 on January 25, 2020, 04:26:52 PM
I feel the same way. If I am going to wear a bra, I might as well WEAR a bra and "enjoy" the benefits of same. I suffered anxiety too long because of my chest and I might as well get something fun out of it now.
Post by: SideSet on January 25, 2020, 09:49:04 PM
I agree with you. If you have breasts, you need to embrace it, make the most of it, have fun. That’s a nice looking bra, and it looks great on you. Perfect fit. You certainly need to wear a bra.   That’s wonderful that your wife recognizes that you need to wear a bra and encourages you to enjoy it. 
Post by: curiousk on January 25, 2020, 11:16:43 PM
Thanks for the compliment.   I like the way it fits.   My wife has said to do what makes me comfortable.    She probably doesn’t understand wearing a bra that enhances my breasts instead of decreasing them.   I think it’s part of the acceptance.
Post by: SideSet on January 26, 2020, 07:51:50 AM
 You have breasts like a woman.  You need to wear a bra like a woman does. You know this and your wife knows this. You both know you’ll be wearing a bra the rest of your life. 

You’re going to need to build an add to a nice collection of bras.   And each day as you get dressed, the question won’t be will I put on a bra, it will be which bra will I choose to put on today.

It will become  automatic to you every second nature for your wife just to see you putting on and wearing a bra. Just like every other woman. 

One day you might choose a push-up. Another a minimizer. It all depends on what you will be wearing, doing, and how you’re feeling that day.   And your collection of bras needs to accommodate that  
Post by: curiousk on January 26, 2020, 12:34:46 PM
I don’t think she’s there yet as far as enjoying me enhancing my breasts.    Do what I have to do to be comfortable she says.   She’s fine with me putting on and taking off my bra in front of her. She doesn’t bring it up at all or gives me tips, compliments.   That’s her acceptance i guess.   
Post by: SideSet on January 26, 2020, 05:30:15 PM
Sounds like a not bad start
Post by: curiousk on January 26, 2020, 07:25:19 PM
No it’s not.    I simply think that she’s not thrilled about her husband wearing a bra, but tolerates it.  
Post by: Johndoe1 on January 26, 2020, 07:50:08 PM
No it’s not.    I simply think that she’s not thrilled about her husband wearing a bra, but tolerates it. 
My wife is the same way.
Post by: curiousk on January 26, 2020, 08:26:07 PM
I understand about not being thrilled.   I’ve been wearing a bra for 6 weeks now and the feeling is night and day.   Walking up and down stairs, walking, etc is more comfortable with a bra on.  I jiggle and sway more than I thought without a bra on.   The shirts i wear rub against my nipples and it’s bothersome without a bra on.  Things are definitely better wearing one.    I guess I don’t expect her and I are sitting and talking about bras over coffee or going bra shopping together.
Post by: Johndoe1 on January 27, 2020, 07:15:57 AM
No, we don't sit around and talk about bras. I don't think she would be comfortable with that. Some wives are though. I too feel more comfortable wearing a bra. I wear a bra basically from the time I get up until I go to be at night. I too find the movement and chafing on my breasts uncomfortable and the bra brings relief.
Post by: CoffeeAndCake on February 03, 2020, 09:51:05 AM
Mine would likely be the same in tolerating but not completely accepting or thrilled by any means. I’m a 34b and fill it completely. Volume is there but shape I still get by so haven’t worried about wearing bras in front of my wife. But side set is right I got a standard bra and few sports bras but noticed my standard bra didn’t do the job in some outfits and ended up getting a balconette and t shirt and comfort and pull over bra for occasions it’s weird that not one bra fits all occasions but it is important for me that if I wear one out it’s not noticeable but also don’t want to smash them down at all times so get a collection of bras that are comfortable and quality for each occasion. I never thought I’d wear a bra but as things continue and the jiggle became noticeable I found it to just be better to bite the bullet 
Post by: Johndoe1 on February 03, 2020, 02:40:12 PM
You are right. There's no one bra that works all the time. I have tee shirt bras, and sports bras and lined bras and unlined bras. Maybe too many, but I have found I can shape the breasts depending on the bra so I match the top to the bra.
Post by: curiousk on February 03, 2020, 10:21:47 PM
This is a wireless cotton bra that is my daily go to bra.   I have a black one like this one.   I didn’t really want a white one, but the store only had black and white bras in the store.  Maybe I’ll get another one in a different color and maybe a minimizer soon.   
Post by: CoffeeAndCake on February 04, 2020, 07:05:04 AM
Does it do well for you? Your breasts are quite large and curious if that bra supports well? I think you could benefit from a bra that gives a little lift but if it is comfortable for ya then it looks and works well
Post by: SideSet on February 04, 2020, 07:29:23 AM
You certainly need to wear a That bra looks great on you.  Your torso even has a female shape in general 
Post by: curiousk on February 04, 2020, 10:56:16 PM
Yes, this bra is comfortable for me.  I need to adjust the straps a bit, but it’s a great bra.   I think I need to get an another underwire bra.   I like the support that it gives.    I’m ok with a bit of projection.   
Post by: Johndoe1 on February 05, 2020, 09:23:04 AM
I have found that when I am physically comfortable, I can accept the feminine look much more than being uncomfortable and being constantly reminded due to being uncomfortable. And that surprised me greatly. I went years deathly afraid people MIGHT think I had breasts when all you had to do was just look and see my boobs looking back. Now wearing underwire bras almost exclusively, being supported and contained, brings an unexpected level of physical comfort, emotional peace and mental confidence I never had before. I will admit,it took some time to wrap my head around it, but I can't deny wearing a bra, even if it gives my chest a feminine look, has been a positive thing for me. Not because I don't want to be male, but I feel I finally have control over my chest. The bra is just a piece of clothing that brings relief like shoes or coats and now has no sexuality meaning to me. And that is very empowering. I am no longer a slave to my chest. I now say what it looks like and I control my comfort. Women have been doing this forever. Why can't I? That has given me an air of confidence people have noticed.
Post by: curiousk on February 09, 2020, 07:33:27 PM
That’s a great approach.   I’m taking control of my situation and embracing it.   I should have done this a long time ago.    I want my bras to be functional and make me comfortable.   I also want to have a bit of fun with something I’m going to wear everyday.    I wear cotton, wireless and lace, underwire bras.   No shame in it at all.
Post by: Johndoe1 on February 09, 2020, 08:58:22 PM
That’s a great approach.  I’m taking control of my situation and embracing it.  I should have done this a long time ago.    I want my bras to be functional and make me comfortable.  I also want to have a bit of fun with something I’m going to wear everyday.    I wear cotton, wireless and lace, underwire bras.  No shame in it at all.
No shame here either and lots of comfort. I am right now wearing a lace unlined underwire bra with nipple covers as I type this.
Post by: aboywithgirls on February 17, 2020, 12:21:19 PM
Aren't underwire bras the best? I wear them exclusively! I get better shape and support. 
Post by: curiousk on February 19, 2020, 06:05:06 AM
I do like underwire.    They do make my breasts pretty perky, but I feel comfortable wearing them.   The non wire cotton bras I have fit and feel good too.   
Post by: curiousk on October 12, 2020, 08:06:40 AM
Here’s a new pic of my breasts.   Still feminine shape and a bit bigger.    
Post by: curiousk on October 12, 2020, 08:19:01 AM
Here are some bras i’ve purchased a few months ago.   I’m finding that demi cup bras with underwire are more comfortable for everyday wear.   They stop the bouncing and is very comfortable.   I don’t care about projection or anything like that.  C cup breasts  need support and I’m providing it.  
Post by: blad on October 12, 2020, 11:51:55 AM
Here’s a new pic of my breasts.  Still feminine shape and a bit bigger.   
There is know doubt that you benefit from wearing a bra.
Post by: 42CSuprise! on October 12, 2020, 03:03:30 PM
Here are some bras i’ve purchased a few months ago.  I’m finding that demi cup bras with underwire are more comfortable for everyday wear.  They stop the bouncing and is very comfortable.  I don’t care about projection or anything like that.  C cup breasts  need support and I’m providing it. 
I appreciate you documenting your journey with photos... they bring home so directly what each of us is dealing with.  Amazing that the path can lead from utilitarian solutions to more aesthetic considerations.  The tricky part for me with a history of sexual trauma and crossdressing I did in response to what happened to me as a young boy, is there is a sexual element at play in all of this.  Wearing a brassiere is not only comfortable it can be exciting as well.  I guess we each have our own journey when it comes to gynecomastia.  You've added some very nice looking brassieres to your collection.  Thanks for sharing the photos.
Post by: curiousk on October 12, 2020, 04:54:25 PM
I’ve chosen a path of comfortable first and appearance second.  Yes, wearing a cotton non wired bra has it’s place for lounging around or taking it easy.   I find for me that underwire demi cup bras work best for me.   They do give me a feminine appearance, but they are very comfortable.   I’m ok with that.   I’ve had decent sized breasts since I was 12 years old.   The only thing I’ve done is chose a way to support them and not have surgery.
Do I find a sexual element to having breasts or wearing a bra?   I’d say yes to both.   I figure that if I’m going to have breasts, I want them to be taken care of and look the best they can.   I wear bras that are functional, but also look good.   When I get dressed, my mood and how I feel determines the bra I wear.  So I have a few to chose from.   Again, I can’t hide C cup breasts so why try?  I just want to be comfortable and I’ve decided it’s a priority for me.   No more jiggling or bouncing.   I didn’t realize how much of that I did before I started wearing a bra.
Good luck to you and your journey.
Post by: 42CSuprise! on October 12, 2020, 08:42:24 PM
I made reference to this website on a crossdressing website I joined a few weeks before joining here... noting that men here are happy to be wearing brassieres but with no interest in crossdressing.  I also said that I now have the breasts I very much wanted to encounter when I was a teen and young man surveying the women in my life.  I'm wearing what my username reports... a 42C minimizing brassiere that rather deliciously holds my breasts.  I look damn good in a tight tee shirt... but then who says such things?  :P

Truth be told, I really enjoy my breasts and a nice brassiere is very flattering... nothing wrong with that.
Post by: Dale Warnio on October 13, 2020, 12:41:23 PM
Your breasts, and nipples, look just like a woman’s.  Seems like your attitude toward your breasts and wearing bras it’s just like a woman’s, also, which is appropriate. 
Post by: Bosh808 on October 16, 2020, 05:28:41 AM
Ive tried few styles when I first started trying and learning about bras. Now I'm settled on slightly padded simple t-shirt bras and demi cups and been wearing this style about 3 years now. Also I only wear with underwires. 
Post by: curiousk on November 17, 2020, 11:22:18 AM
I’m finding that as the temperatures are cooling down, the padded bras feel better as my nipples are becoming sensitive to the cold.  It’s seems like the bra makers change styles for the sake of changing styles.  I have a couple of styles that fit me so well and they are discontinued.  So you try to stock up because they fit so nicely. 

This is one of my favorite bras.  So comfortable and supportive.
Post by: Dale Warnio on November 17, 2020, 03:28:53 PM
That bra looks good on you. Perfect fit, as you obviously fill it well.  What size?

You definitely need to wear a bra as much as any woman does. 
Post by: curiousk on November 17, 2020, 07:12:23 PM
It’s 40C.
Post by: Johndoe1 on November 17, 2020, 07:19:04 PM
I’m finding that as the temperatures are cooling down, the padded bras feel better as my nipples are becoming sensitive to the cold.  It’s seems like the bra makers change styles for the sake of changing styles.  I have a couple of styles that fit me so well and they are discontinued.  So you try to stock up because they fit so nicely.

This is one of my favorite bras.  So comfortable and supportive.
Good looking bra? What is it?
Post by: curiousk on November 17, 2020, 08:28:32 PM
https://www.penningtons.com/en/femme-couture-bra---deesse-collection/401447.html?dwvar_401447_color=Rose%20Dust%20-&cgid=Lingerie-Bras#start=61&sz=60

I bought one before it sold out.  I love it.
Post by: Dale Warnio on November 18, 2020, 09:05:44 AM
C cup is definitely too big  to go around braless, both for comfort and appearance. 

That is a very pretty bra. Looks like it gives good support, as well as nice shipping and uplift.   I assume it’s comfortable ?
Post by: curiousk on November 18, 2020, 12:29:10 PM
Yes, very comfortable.
Post by: Dale Warnio on November 18, 2020, 01:35:55 PM
Feels much better than going  around braless, I would guess?
SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2020