Gynecomastia Support Forum

International Forum => U.K. => Topic started by: pIxulz on May 31, 2018, 08:32:18 AM

Title: Operation with Mr vijh on 31/05/2018
Post by: pIxulz on May 31, 2018, 08:32:18 AM
Currently waiting to in my room at the priory waiting to be called down for my operation. Staff are friendly and the room is nice, so far so good but just anxious from waiting and thirsty.
I'm pretty nervous now as I've never had anything like this done before, but excited for it to be done with. Will try to remember to keep you guys posted with how it goes and hopefully upload some pics in the near future.
Title: Re: Operation with Mr vijh on 31/05/2018
Post by: Hondacr84 on May 31, 2018, 09:25:18 AM
Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. I'll be in your position in around two weeks. Keep us updated if you can.
Post by: pIxulz on May 31, 2018, 03:21:59 PM
All done. Feel pretty out of but on the mend. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer.
Post by: Hondacr84 on May 31, 2018, 04:34:02 PM
Welcome back. Question time :-)

How did the surgery go?
Do you have the cooling pads on now? If so, how long for?
Have you seen your chest?
Room to yourself?
How long did you have to wait prior op?
Did Mr Vijh mark you up in your room prior the OP?
General anesthetic?
Do you wake up with the compression band on?
Will Mr Vijh visit in the morning prior departure?
Did Mr Vijh take any photos prior, during and after?

I hear lots of people complaining about the supplied compression band. Do you know if you can wear a compression vest instead from the start?

I hope the road to recovery is quick for you and many thanks for your support.
Post by: pIxulz on May 31, 2018, 05:01:24 PM
1. It went well! And yes I have the cooling pads on and I think they stay on overnight.
2. I haven't seen my chest yet, can't wait to see it though!
3. Room to myself. The staff are all so friendly and the room is pretty good, only complaint is that it is a tad too warm but it is really muggy today. Foods pretty good also and they have catered to my vegan diet.
4,5. Had to wait around 4 hours. During that time I had different people pop in to ask questions about the procedure etc and was lastly visited my mr.vijh who marked me up a couple of hours before the op. He took a few before pictures after markup.
6. Woke up with a compression band on and it is quite uncomfortable. I have the one Mr. Vijh reccomends at home so it will be good to switch over tomorrow.
7. Yes I believe so.
8. That I am not sure. It may be worth bringing yours with you the day of the op and request to swap them over. I have a feeling you have to wear the one supplied initially though.
Thank you my friend, I can't wait to recover and get back to working out.
Please post when you have your operation done. It will be cool to hear your experience with mr.vijh and the priory.
Post by: Hondacr84 on May 31, 2018, 05:19:36 PM
Thank you for the quick response and also answering all my questions!
I'm back to counting down the days so I just want it done now.

Are you in much pain or still too drugged to tell yet?

Also, which compression vest did Mr Vijh suggest. Any of these by any chance?

https://esshop.co.uk/product/adjustable-compressions-vest/ or
https://www.macom-medical.com/products/gynaefix-vest/22?c=63
Post by: pIxulz on May 31, 2018, 06:22:12 PM
No problem. I know the feeling haha, I'll be counting down the days for recovery now. 

Not much pain at all at the minute, I'm still pretty drugged up so everything is numb. 

Yes it was the vest from euro surgical he recommended to me, the immediate post op one I believe. Cost me around £60 but it feels a lot more comfortable to wear under shirts. 
Post by: Hondacr84 on May 31, 2018, 06:42:32 PM
Awesome, thank you for confirming, I'll order one on Sunday.
I'll leave you to rest up. Looking forward to future updates and photos.
Post by: pIxulz on June 01, 2018, 02:39:39 AM
Didn't sleep too well at all night, nothing to do with the hospital but just couldn't nodd off for some reason.

Saw Mr vijh this morning who gave me some going home instructions and had a quick look at my chest. First thing he said was flat as a pancake! Which made me smile. Very little or no liposuction was used apparently due to not having much chest fat, but apparently two large rubber type discs were removed.

Pretty bruised around the chest area, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Excited to get home, take it easy for a while and see how my chest looks over the coming weeks.
Post by: Hondacr84 on June 01, 2018, 04:06:50 AM
Sorry to hear that. I guess the first week could be a struggle sleeping. I always sleep on my side so I'll be in the same position as you.

Anything of interest in the going home instructions? I prefer if they issued these prior the OP so that you have time to buy creams etc...

Did you expect to be completely flat or were you expecting to have a defined chest?
Post by: pIxulz on June 01, 2018, 04:18:31 AM
Just to rest and take it easy, no hot showers or any form of excessive stretching for about two weeks.

I think you get given a whole sheet from Mr vijh with all the do's and don'ts before you go home.

Erm I was expecting some definition and not to be completely flat as I do have some muscle to my chest. It's hard to explain other than it just looks so different. I can see the two small incisions in my armpits but I think these will be quite unoticeable when they start to heal.
Post by: Hondacr84 on June 01, 2018, 01:08:22 PM
How's your day been today?
Post by: pIxulz on June 01, 2018, 01:26:42 PM
It's been ok, a little bit sore and the vest given is quite uncomfortable. I'm looking forward to switching the vests over.

I've seen glimpses of my chest when adjusting the vest and there is little scarring in the armpit so should not even be noticeable when fully healed. Still looks swollen but am liking the way it is shaping up! 
Post by: Hondacr84 on June 01, 2018, 01:29:47 PM
Good news, I'm glad for you. Are you in a position to upload some pics?
Post by: pIxulz on June 01, 2018, 01:38:51 PM
Thanks man. Not yet, as i am still pretty out of it, hopefully sometime soon though.

Feel free to ask anymore questions and I'll do my best to answer. 
Post by: Hondacr84 on June 01, 2018, 02:08:45 PM
Cheers. Sounds like a week of watching films then...

Have you been able to move around or are you bed bound?
I mainly work from home but I have pencilled in 2 weeks for recovery...

Apart from the vest, do they advise any other purchases - cream etc?
I'd like to purchase everything prior the OP.

Do you have to revisit Mr Vijh after 8 weeks?

What medication have they issued you?
Post by: pIxulz on June 01, 2018, 11:59:03 PM
Yeah that's the plan. I've been able to move around, I just have to watch not to put too much pressure on my chest or stretch my arms too much which is easier said than done but I'm getting used to it. 

Two weeks should be good. I've also got two weeks off for recovery. In regards to creams and self-messaging I did ask, but Mr vijh advised it is best not to and just let the chest heal. I was prescribed a week's worth of antibiotics and advised to take paracetamol for any soreness or pain.

I've gotta go back to the priory in a week but you can go to your gp if you can't make it. Then 4-10 weeks into recovery I need to schedule an appointment to see mr vijh.
Post by: Hondacr84 on June 02, 2018, 04:50:55 AM
Thanks, think that's answered all my questions/concerns. I'll stock up on paracetamol on the weekend and will also purchase the vest.

Why after a week? Will you visit The Priory or GP?

Do you have to visit Mr Vijh at The Priory? Fees involved?
Post by: pIxulz on June 02, 2018, 05:06:46 AM
The priory i think, although you can go to your gp if you can't get there. It's just to check everything is healing ok. 

I don't know as I do not have that information yet, I would of thought it would be at his practice though so he can give a final check over. I presume this will be included in the total cost. 
Post by: Hondacr84 on June 02, 2018, 06:41:50 AM
I think I'll visit the Priory as I don't trust the NHS/GP. I've been battling for around 10 years with them regarding my condition and gave up and went private.

How you feeling today - still drugged up and bed bound?
Post by: pIxulz on June 02, 2018, 06:48:51 AM
Yeah I think I'll go to the priory also. Props for being so persistent. I went once and explained how it was affecting me and the gp just brushed it off like it was nothing.

Yeah sorta, not gonna be moving around too much for the next 2-3 days I reckon. I'm feeling better today as I got some sleep last night. It's taking me a while to do simple things and feel like I have t rex arms, but I can already feel an improvement to yesterday. 
Post by: Hondacr84 on June 02, 2018, 07:17:33 AM
Thanks, NHS has been a joke.

Has the bruising got worse?

Do you think your chest size has changed much?
I'm only asking as I don't want to buy the wrong size vest.

Are you still battling with the supplied vest or have you changed over?

Post by: pIxulz on June 02, 2018, 07:34:14 AM
No I think it's settled a bit, but it's quite hard to tell at the moment. I wouldn't say it's swole enough to get a different sized vest.

Yeah it doesn't fit too well so falls down every once in a while which is annoying. I'm gonna switch over once I've worn this one a week as per instruction though.

Post by: pIxulz on June 02, 2018, 07:54:11 AM
Update: just had to get my vest readjusted and had a quick look in the mirror. Gotta say I'm really happy with how it looks already, still quite bruised but not a lot of swelling which is probably thanks to not having the lipo done.
Post by: Hondacr84 on June 02, 2018, 07:58:53 AM
Bit odd that they still supply the compression bands over the vests if people find them a pain and uncomfortable. I'll turn up on the day with mine and see what Mr Vijh says.

I think I'll have a lot of bruising on my left chest as the solid lump is much bigger than the right. Have you seen a picture of what was removed from your op? 

I'll post a picture of my current chest on Sunday 17th. I'll then try and do one on Monday 18th once I've been marked up prior OP. I guess another picture a day or two after OP.
Post by: pIxulz on June 02, 2018, 08:31:03 AM
Yeah I think it's probably because it's a one size fits all and I'm on the shorter size so it's slides down after a while.

Not yet. I did ask if they could show me post op, but they couldn't. I'm hoping Mr Vijh took some pictures though.

Yeah that would be cool. I forgot to take some before pics, but I know Mr Vijh took some when he marked me up for surgery so maybe I can get a copy in the future for before/after comparison. 

Yeah I'd say just see how you feel. For me because I've never had surgery I was pretty out of it and still quite bed bound. Fortunately my dad is around and he's been able to give me a hand with adjusting the vest.

So how long you been looking to have the operation done? 
Post by: Hondacr84 on June 02, 2018, 08:44:20 AM
I have someone around who will be around for the first week.

I've been toying with the idea for maybe around 5/7 years. I meant Mr Vijh many years ago regarding the OP but then he was only offering the OP via the nipple. I was younger and decide against an OP. My lumps over the last 12 months have got worse so I visited him again the other month. Procedure has now changed so I've decided to go with it now.
Post by: pIxulz on June 02, 2018, 09:18:59 AM
That will help. I thought I'd be ok by myself originally but it's been good having someone around to help if needed.

That's a long time, I bet you're looking forward to finally getting it done. Has been about 4-5 years for me but never thought I'd be able to save up for the money for it.

The armpit technique seems the best option because incisions are made where your armpit naturally creases. The guys at the priory said good things about mr vijh also, he seems pretty respected.
Post by: Hondacr84 on June 02, 2018, 09:49:32 AM
Yeah I am. Bit anxious with what the outcome will be... I've seen a few before and after pictures on here but I've not seen a chest similiar to mine.

I return from holiday later today. My body is not in its best shape so I'll be hitting the gym for 2 weeks plus a low calorie diet.
Post by: Gynogadge on June 02, 2018, 06:24:01 PM
Sounds like youv has a simelar experience to me and it’s going pretty well, he said flat as a pancake to me aswell! I thaught I was special! 😭 haha 😆.
I changed over to my own compression top after like 2 days, I’m not recommending it but I don’t think it’s affected me.
I’m on like 2weeks plus + 2 days into recovery now, it’s just lingering now, bruising has nearly gone, no swelling even came, I have some little lumps which I think I read are proberbly scar tissue? These popped up around week two so this may happen to you, none of them are visible and I think I read you can massage them anyway which I’m going to look back into and proberbly start. Eager to get back training now but it seems like the last 20% of the recovery is taking its time, just a little bit more movement in my arms to go stretching above my head etc and still very slight bruised feeling beneath my arm pits/side of my chest.
Thinking of maybe training some legs next week and maybe getting back to Jiu Jitsu doing some drills 🤞.
I think the numbness has also reduced a bit but still a way to go around the lower chest/nipple area.
Post by: Hondacr84 on June 04, 2018, 07:10:42 AM
Just wondering how the recovery is going, 4th day now?
Post by: pIxulz on June 04, 2018, 07:26:43 AM
It's going well I think, thanks for asking. I have more movement in my arms now which is helping with the day to day stuff.

I haven't seen my chest for a couple of days due to strictly keeping the vest on. It still feels a bit numb but I am starting to get some feeling back in that area. 

How long to go now until your op?
Post by: Hondacr84 on June 04, 2018, 11:25:55 AM
Good news.  Are you able to move around or are you just resting on the sofa/bed?

My operation is on Monday 18th so 14 days to go/wait...
Post by: pIxulz on June 04, 2018, 12:37:09 PM
Yeah I'm able to move around. Still limited but it's increasing by the day.  I was pretty bed bound for the first day or two though. 

Nice that will soon come around. All the best for your op buddy.
Post by: Hondacr84 on June 05, 2018, 03:50:11 AM
Thanks, getting more anxious as I get nearer to the date, hate hospitals/operations...

Are you still putting up with the supplied compression vest?

Have you compared your before and after pictures? I find my eyes lie to me in a mirror  ;D
Post by: pIxulz on June 05, 2018, 05:36:19 AM
Yeah me too. As far as hospitals go the priory is really nice. 

Yeah it's pretty uncomfortable but I have gotten used to it to an extent. I'm looking forward to swapping it over on Friday though as this one would like kinda weird under clothes in public. 

I haven't, the only before pic I had was when I was kind of cold and my gyno didn't bad at all really. I do wish I took some good before pics now. I can definitely see the difference just looking in the mirror though, my nipples don't stick out as much and my chest has a general flatter appearance which I'm happy with. Seems so surreal that it's gone. 
Post by: Hondacr84 on June 12, 2018, 05:59:22 AM
Website has lost the last 7 days of messages!

Just at The Priory now for my pre-assessment.
Post by: vacantuser on August 25, 2018, 03:40:36 PM
Do you have any more recent pictures?
SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2021