Gynecomastia Support Forum

General => Your Stories => Topic started by: lee_21yr_uk on July 10, 2005, 12:22:12 PM

Title: Hi i need advice
Post by: lee_21yr_uk on July 10, 2005, 12:22:12 PM
im pretty sure ive had gynecomastia since i went through pubity im 21 now an having this disease has seriously effected my life.recently i went to hospital an as well as having enlarged breasts i also have stretch marks on my stomach which ive had since pubity as well.all my docters have told me is that i might have a hoarmoan imbalence an i need more blood tests i am slightly over weight but ive aways noticed that a had large brests even for a over weight first problem is id like to walk into my docters office an say remove these marks an give me lipo suction on my chest  but im painfully shy an cant even talk to my friends an family about second problem is i have no idea what is gonna happen if i do have a hormoan imbalence an even if i dont have it id still like to have lipo suction on my chest.looking at this web site has convinced me that i do have gynecomastia but is there anyway i can tell for sure without having to go to my docters with it.  :-/

Title: Re: Hi i need advice
Post by: nothingworse on July 10, 2005, 09:31:24 PM
You can tell if you have puffy nipples. Hard tissue or lumps underneath your nipples. If it is soft underneath the nipples and around the chest area you most likely have mostly fat. In most cases of gyne there is both glandular tissue and fat. But, the classification of gynecomastia is female like breasts. You should check your hormones and if you are severly overweight try weight loss first. But, some people might say this is what direction you should be headed. But, if it bothers you get it surgically removed. Surgery is the best answer for most and really is the only correct cure. You have to decide what path you want. Surgery or a good possibility that it won't resolve on its own. Talking to family or doctors about it I wouldn't worry. Everyone has problems and addressing it to someone you can talk to can only make you feel better and get some emotions off of your chest. Talking to someone about it is the best thing you can do and it will only get you one step further. And that step will lead to another and a solution and answer will be found. Do what you feel you need to do. The best thing I did was telling my parents about it and now I am one step closer to surgery which i will hopefully be getting by next month. The thing is don't wait any longer if you are suffering because of this get it taken care of. You have the rest of your life to live and to live it feeling good about yourself is the best way to live your life. I still wish I would have corrected this earlier but, am happy that I am close to a long awaited solution. Good luck, and remember don't be afraid to talk to someone about it. If they don't understand then try to make them understand by showing them this board or tell them what you feel. Live your life and I wish you the best of luck. By taking these simple steps you will be one step closer to your solution.
Title: Re: Hi i need advice
Post by: lee_21yr_uk on July 11, 2005, 06:36:17 AM
ty for your advice il try.ive been looking around this site an looked at many picture an most seem to suffer from puffy nipples i am much more concerned with the size of my breast im slighty over weight but not nearly large enough to have a chest like i do everyone in my family is large but none of the men have a chest like mine an i rember seeing kids in pe geting change who were far more over weight than i was an had no chest at all well compared to mine. as well everyone says lose weight before going to the docter i was a very thin child untill i hit puberty then i ballooned up an no matter wat ive tried since then i havent been able to lose the weight i even spent 5 weeks vommeting (not on perpose i had a stomach bug) an still lost no weight an now im reading about hoarmoan imbalence an it says one of the side effects can be a unabilty to lose weight. wat do u think  :-/
Title: Re: Hi i need advice
Post by: Worrier on July 11, 2005, 09:10:50 AM
Get your hormones checked by your GP m8. If they are fine go to a gym and get some advice on fitness and a plan. Watch your diet and stop all the nice things like sweets and coke!If you have been overweight a while It will not go overnight believe me.
When you have your six pack if your chest is no better and is really bothering you consider surgery.
Ps it is totaly confidential when you see a doctor and there is no real way to tell if you have a hormone problem with out seeing your GP. It is dangerous to try to diagnose yourself.
SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2020