Author Topic: Plastic surgeon vs general surgeon.  (Read 2352 times)

Offline bbopman200

  • Posting Member
  • *
  • Posts: 19
My insurance company has a clause for Gynecomastia coverage labeled as: MASTECTOMY FOR GYNECOMASTIA.

I know for a fact I will have excess skin due to this surgery. Since it will be considered reconstructive as opposed to cosmetic, will I be butchered with a lot of scarring if I go with a regular surgeon as opposed to a plastic surgeon?


Offline Paa_Paw

  • Senior Moderator
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4780
Your best chance of a good outcome would be with a cosmetic surgeon who has a special interest in male breast reduction for Gynecomastia.

If it was a simple matter of removing tissue, any surgeon would do. Unfortunately, it is never that simple.
Grandpa Dan

Offline jay adams

  • Gold Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 333
PawPaw's right. You need someone who understands sculpting the chest. Not just removing stuff. Have you heard of a jack of all trades but a master of none? The doctors like the ones on this site are masters at performing this procedure.


SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2021