Author Topic: Filling crater deformity with Fat transfer  (Read 1787 times)

Offline tom108

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4
I have crater problem on one side after gynecomastia surgery and I am thinking about fixing this problem with fat transfer technique. Experiences, anyone?


Offline McGilli

  • Silver Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 190

How long has it been since the surgery?

Can you post any pictures?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

  • Senior Moderator
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4660
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The best way to deal with a crater deformity is for the surgeon to recognize it at the original surgery and do something about it at that same time.

If you have a post-op crater deformity, then the best method of reconstructing it is with adjacent fat flaps.  That assumes, however, that there is sufficient adjacent fat tissue to use.  If there is none available (which is actually rare), then fat grafting (sometimes in several procedures) can be of help.

It is quite rare that absolutely nothing can be done for a crater deformity. 

You must, however, do your research carefully and find a true expert in this type of surgery.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
815 Park Avenue
New York, New York 10021
Telephone:  (212) 570-6080
Email:  [email protected]


SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2020