Author Topic: Do I have Gynecomastia?  (Read 786 times)

Offline LoneRanger

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Hi All,

I have been trying very hard to shift my chest. I have lost a fair amount of weight recently but nothing is changing. I’m starting to think I have gynecomastia as supposed to just fat.

Can anyone confirm this by looking at the below pictures? What are my options?

0751-DCAF-2999-41-D5-8-A4-B-6-DF81306-CD27" border="0

29-CBB59-A-7-E12-4665-99-D6-889359898313" border="0



Offline JohannK

  • Silver Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 131
I'm not an expert, but my answer is yes.


  • Guest
I would say that you don't have a lot of fat there but the only way your going to find that out is by having a ultrasound! Even an experienced doctor can't tell totally what is breast tissue and how much of it is fat without the ultrasound. 

Good luck!


Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

  • Senior Moderator
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4635
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, undoubtedly you have gynecomastia, which is defined as any excess tissue on a male chest.  Certainly, your breasts are larger and more out of proportion than the rest of your body.

If you want to get this issue resolved, it will require surgery.  Be sure to do your homework and seek a plastic surgeon in your area who has demonstrated sufficient interest and expertise in this particular procedure.  If no one is available locally, then consider traveling for such expertise.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
815 Park Avenue
New York, New York 10021
Telephone:  (212) 570-6080


SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2020