Author Topic: A alcohol question  (Read 133 times)

Offline RaulAlonso

I am 30 and healthy and my gyno was at its worst before I ever drank alcohol. Over the past 2 years I have been drinking excessively 3 days a week in the summer and 2 days a week the rest of the year with no change to my gyno. I am 1 week post op (excision+lipo) and terrified of a recurrence. Assuming my liver continues to function normally and the alcohol consumption doesn't cause any weight gain is a recurrence really something to worry about?All of my friends drink just as much as me and don't have even the slightest bit of gyno which leads me to want to believe that alcohol can't cause gyno but an underlying cause must be present and alcohol is the scapegoat.

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/forum/index.php?topic=35672.0

Offline Moobzie

• Posting Member
Alcohol has antiandrogenic effects.  If you have gyno, then anything you consume that can reduce your testosterone will have feminizing effects - and not just breast issues. It is one not the leading cause of sexual dysfunction in males. 
Given what you said, drinking alcohol is not a good idea.  (Nor THC marijuana either.)

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Posting Member
Depending on what you define as alcohol. Beer or whiskey? Wine or other? Beers are loaded with hops that are a high phytoestrogen it’s also what makes you sleepy when drinking. Hard alcohol to my understanding doesn’t have much in its contents that would contribute much nor does wine. However the effect it would have given its toll on your liver and overall health effects if you aren’t exercising or dieting right to combat the negative tolls alcohol will lead to then yes it can cause things to develop given the imbalances that come with the destruction of your liver and kidneys and such. If you are drinking heavily and frequently growing boobs would be like 37 on my list of concerns. 

Offline Moobzie

• Posting Member
The alcohol (C2H5OH) is the same regardless of the beverage.
And 'standard' size drinks (4 oz wine at 12.5%, 16 oz beer at 4% or a 1 oz shot of 100 proof - 50% -) all contain the same amount of alcohol.  And alcohol itself has anti testosterone effects, as well as stressing the liver (which has to detoxify the booze out of the body).
The effects of grape juice, hops / barley, corn or potatoes on our endocrine system is negligible.
Alcohol is the primary (but not the only!) cause of the vast majority of erectile dysfunction cases. 

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Posting Member
Interesting, thanks for the education there. I always stayed away from beer 1) flavor 2) takes more to get where I'd wanted to be lol and 3) the anti t ingredients in beer. Explains why in my 20s when I was enjoying myself, even when I wasn't enjoying myself, I was dealing with a bit of ED

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2020