Author Topic: Which Doctor Should I goto to get it Evaluated  (Read 1129 times)

Offline vinson

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1
I am a little overweight but i might also have Gynecomastia but was wondering which kind of doctor should I visit to get it evaluated whether it is glandular tissue or adipopse?

Can I request my Gen.Phys for an Ultra Sound to identify what it is?

I understand that Surgery is the only solution, but would getting evaluated by an Endocrinologist help find the source of the problem which might be more serious?

Vinson, New delhi, India


Offline DrPensler

  • Supporting Doctors
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 869
    • gynecomastiachicago
These are good questions. I would recommend you see a plastic surgeon who is familiar with gynecomastia. An ultrasound is not useful.As far as an evaluation by an endocrinologist it would depend on multiple aspects of your history and physical examination.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777


SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2020