Author Topic: Search of Doctor begins. Where do I look?  (Read 203 times)

Offline Shay

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4
I posted pictures on my last post and I'm stuck in between if I have Gyno or Pseudogynecomastia. 

How do I ask a doctor for their professional opinion without signing up to a surgery?

I have also recently spent loads of money on a recent treatment so I'm looking for something reasonable. Going to America wouldn't be an option for me.

Are there any clinics in Turkey or Europe that have a good track record with an amazing results?

Although I would opt in for a non surgical treatment any day!


Offline Miguel Delgado MD

  • Miguel A. Delgado,MD,FACS
  • Administrator
  • Silver Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 141
  • Miguel Delgado,MD
    • Gynecomastia Specialist San Francisco, California
The best option is a consultation. It could be in person or virtual.  We have a gynecomastia doctor in London who you could reach.  Also, in you local area go to the international forum;sa=expand;e71f95037=810d9cde8366245817d07d61287afe01#c5
and patients will advise about doctors in these areas.  Good luck
Miguel A Delgado,MD,FACS
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Fellow,American College of Surgeons
450 Sutter, San Francisco, California
[email protected]

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

  • Senior Moderator
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4706
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I think you are hung up on a few idea that will not serve you well.

First, I do not believe there is any difference between gynecomastia and pseudogynecomastia.  Both, for the most part, are made up of breast (gland)) tissue and fat in varying ratios.  The treatment is the same for both.  So it is an exercise in terminology futility.

Second, one cannot get rid of gynecomastia via diet and exercise.  True, if you are significantly overweight, your breasts will shrink with proper diet -- but they will never disappear -- it requires surgery, which can target the excess remaining tissue and permanently remove it.

Third, if you wasted your money on "other treatments", then be smart and consider it a valuable teaching lesson and move on.  Save up and get surgery done by an expert.

There are a number of surgeons around the world who have expertise in gynecomastia surgery. Do you research, much as <a class="underlinelink" href="">Dr Delgado[/url] has suggested.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 08:39:01 AM by Dr. Elliot Jacobs »
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
815 Park Avenue
New York, New York 10021
Telephone:  (212) 570-6080
Email:  [email protected]

Offline Dr. Schuster

  • Supporting Doctors
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 523
I agree with Drs. Delgado and Jacobs. 
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
email: [email protected]

Offline Michael Law, M.D.

  • Supporting Doctors
  • Posting Member
  • **
  • Posts: 14
    • Michael Law MD
I also agree with the other plastic surgeons. You have come to the right place. 

Dr. Law
10941 Raven Ridge Rd.
Raleigh, NC
919-256-0900 ph
Dr. Law
Blue Water Plastic Surgery
10941 Raven Ridge Rd Suite 103
Raleigh NC 27614
919 256-0900 ph
919-739-3910 text
[email protected]

Offline Dr. Cruise

  • Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • **
  • Posts: 256
  • Dr. Cruise
As others have advised you, do not cut corners with your gynecomastia surgery. Find a surgeon in your local region or in an area you can travel to who is experienced in treating gynecomastia. Many doctors offer virtual consultations so be sure to inquire. Once you receive a quote, you can start saving up until you can afford surgery. 

Wishing you much success!
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia


SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2021