Author Topic: Is this gynecomastia or pseudogynecomastia?  (Read 613 times)

Offline Vitalytv

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Hello there,
Well I wanted to get this off my chest to see what step I should take next. Around 2 years ago I was 210 pounds and since then I have went to the gym and trained and I'm at a current weight of 165 pounds at 6'0.3 aged 19, I am currently bulking up. I seem to have stubborn fat in the love handles and around the thigh and butt region which I have inherited, but isn't too obvious. When I wear t-shirts my slightly saggy chest shows through which looks funky. I think I might still have some fat to lose. I was wondering if this would by gyno or just stubborn chest fat. I tried to see for a lump under the nipple, I think I may have found something but I'm not really sure if it's just fat. Should I try cutting some more weight first or continue to bulk up? or should I go see a doctor?
Any help would be great, many thanks.


Offline Litlriki

  • Supporting Doctors
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 1375
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It appears that you may have some mild gynecomastia, which is likely comprised of a combination of fat excess as well as glandular tissue.  The classification between gynecomastia and pseudo-gynecomastia may be of academic interest, but in practice, it's fairly irrelevant since most gynecomastia surgeons who treat the condition regularly will use a combination of liposuction and excision of gland, which will get a good outcome in the majority of patients (gynecomastia or pseudo-gynecomstia).

I would recommend that you be evaluated by a surgeon with good experience treating gynecomastia.  Your condition is mild, so you especially don't want a bad outcome from correction.

Good luck.
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
[email protected]

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

  • Supporting Doctors
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 869
    • gynecomastiachicago
Appears you  have gynecomastia . I would call it mild to moderate and would benefit from correction.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777

Offline Dr. Schuster

  • Supporting Doctors
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 502
You probably have true gynecomastia which will require surgical correction. the more lean you get the more apparent the gynecomastia could look. It's always a good idea to see a surgeon who performs a lot of gynecomastia surgeon for an honest opinion and discuss your options. Good luck.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
email: [email protected]

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

  • Senior Moderator
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4650
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Agree with the other surgeons -- you do appear to have mild to moderate gynecomastia.

Recommend you read my discussion about "pseudo-gynecomastia" https://ww this forum.  

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
815 Park Avenue
New York, New York 10021
Telephone:  (212) 570-6080
Email:  [email protected]


SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2020