Author Topic: Wearing a bra for now  (Read 5462 times)

Online curiousk

• Silver Member
Conor, you are doing great.  You will do everything in your time when you are the most ready and comfortable.  My experience, like most of the men here, have had great experiences while bra shopping.  It is nerve wracking the first time to walk in and ask for help.   The woman that fit me and helped me was amazing.  She suggested some bras to try on, which would work best for my shape, asked what I was looking for, etc.  I owe her a lot for the comfort and confidence I have today and wish I could have done it at your age.  

Keep up the good work.

Offline Johndoe1

I agree with curiousk, the woman who fitted me the first time was very understanding and was very conscientious that I was very nervous and I found out later I was NOT her first male. I am happy to say, we are still friends and she continues to advises me when asked about the look of a top and such.

Offline Conor W

• Posting Member
Thanks for the positive vibes. I’m trying to cope with things. It sort of has become a bit more normal getting dressed in the morning to put my bra on, they fit and it’s comfier. Otherwise you hear the skin flopping about. My dads home at the minute and as normal he doesn’t say much. Been wearing a t shirt then a thicker shirt not buttoned up. 
My mum and sister have not said much apart from my mum asking if I was ok. I think when I’m at uni if I need more I can see about buying them in a different town. 
The more difficult conversations have been with female friends. Asking questions and almost wanting to look. I’m meant to be staying with them in their holiday home in summer. Debra said her mum had been asking what I was going to wear round the pool on chill out days. So I need to tackle that. Next week I start this admin stuff working from home. Summer job so that should occupy me and I don’t need to hide it as much at home. T shirt and shorts 

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
I have found that button up shirts with patch pockets over the breasts will hide the breasts very well. Place a small note pad in one pocket and some folded money in the other. The pad and the cash will break up your breast outline and people will not be able to tell. I have done this from a B cup to my current I cup, and it works!

I am currently working on my 8th degree and no one has ever said anything about my breasts all the time I have been at university. People just do not notice because they are not expecting to see a gentleman with breasts. The only comments I have received have been from women who complemented me on my taking care of my breasts. Day by day, there are more men becoming "busty" on account of what is in the food, water, clothes, air and medication. So for someone to have "assets' is not something unusual, bizzare or otherwise weird. It is slowly becoming the norm. Be well!

Offline Harmony74

Thanks for the positive vibes. I’m trying to cope with things. It sort of has become a bit more normal getting dressed in the morning to put my bra on, they fit and it’s comfier. Otherwise you hear the skin flopping about. My dads home at the minute and as normal he doesn’t say much. Been wearing a t shirt then a thicker shirt not buttoned up.
My mum and sister have not said much apart from my mum asking if I was ok. I think when I’m at uni if I need more I can see about buying them in a different town.
The more difficult conversations have been with female friends. Asking questions and almost wanting to look. I’m meant to be staying with them in their holiday home in summer. Debra said her mum had been asking what I was going to wear round the pool on chill out days. So I need to tackle that. Next week I start this admin stuff working from home. Summer job so that should occupy me and I don’t need to hide it as much at home. T shirt and shorts
Sounds like you’re really adjusting well. For the swimwear, I have been considering https://www.beefcakeswimwear.com .

It certainly won’t be everyone’s style, but it is the best solution I have found for the modesty issue. It is styled as a non-binary swimsuit. While I don’t specifically identify as that, it seems to meet my needs. 

Sorry if this isn’t what you’re looking for. Just thought I would make the suggestion. 

Offline Conor W

• Posting Member
The beefcake swimwear is genius . Thanks. That may really work . Will see if I can order

Offline prc7966

• Bronze Member
Has anybody tried these?  Curious as to how heavy they are, like if you sit out in the sun for any length or time are you going to overheat quickly.

Offline Harmony74

The beefcake swimwear is genius . Thanks. That may really work . Will see if I can order
They are in stock now but have been sold out all summer. Order quickly!! 
I’m glad you liked the idea. 

Offline Harmony74

Has anybody tried these?  Curious as to how heavy they are, like if you sit out in the sun for any length or time are you going to overheat quickly.
I can let you know. Mine is on order. 

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
These are pretty genius I’d be curious if retail stores have something very similar. Just spent 45 on new bras as I’ve outgrown my others so 90 ain’t in the budget this week but absolutely love these styles. You could easily throw swimming trunks over them and call it a day or if any good with a needle and thread cut the bottom off low as you can to make it a shirt so it doesn’t look tucked in 

Offline Conor W

• Posting Member
I have ordered one of these beefcake outfits. The original one. 

Been working at home doing this admin role on the computer and zoom. It is sort of natural now in a morning to get dressed and put my bra on. I still look in the mirror and see the mismatch body of boxers and bra. But it’s comfier sitting at the computer working in a bra rather than the binder or nothing. And round the house I can just t shirt or polo shirt it. My dad pretends nothing is different. 

Offline Conor W

• Posting Member
Turns out my dad does talk. Late last night he knocked on my bedroom door and came in asking if I was ok. A bit awkward, he asked how bad my chest was and I just lifted by t shirt up. It was just before I went to bed so no bra, just my boobs and nipples on show. I could see how shocked he was. He just said it’s something mum would be better at dealing with, if we had the money he would pay to get it sorted and said I can see why mum thinks a bra is a good idea, I was bigger than some girls. Asked if my friends were ok. Said mum thought hospital review maybe next year which I sort of knew. And I’ll be at university by then.

Offline blad

• Silver Member
Turns out my dad does talk. Late last night he knocked on my bedroom door and came in asking if I was ok. A bit awkward, he asked how bad my chest was and I just lifted by t shirt up. It was just before I went to bed so no bra, just my boobs and nipples on show. I could see how shocked he was. He just said it’s something mum would be better at dealing with, if we had the money he would pay to get it sorted and said I can see why mum thinks a bra is a good idea, I was bigger than some girls. Asked if my friends were ok. Said mum thought hospital review maybe next year which I sort of knew. And I’ll be at university by then.
At age 14 I spent about 2-3 days at a children's hospital to investigate my breasts. They physically examined them, took pictures of them and me, did blood tests and what ever. About 4 months later my dad just says that I have some genetic gene something or other and could pursue treatment if I wanted when I was older. That was it on the topic.

My mom saw me one day when I was about 13 years old looking down at my boobs in my room, and she just acknowledged that I was a bit chestier than some of my friends, (no kidding). That was it, no bra talk like some of you had. I really needed a bit more home support but it was a bit of a don't ask and don't tell think. Perhaps everyone was just a bit to embarrassed to discuss the obvious and I did not visibly complain enough. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Conor W

• Posting Member
He’s been fine about it, only another week at home before Dad goes back to work. The bra talk was marginally less embarrassing than when the young doctor who examined me. He was a gym bodied guy basically fondling my boobs and when he felt the nipples they went hard. I went red and he looked me in the eye and smiled. So embarrassing.
It was Christmas when my mum suggested moving from binders to bras. I think she felt more able to do that after we saw the main doctor following the mammogram and tests. At home it’s not too bad. I feel like friends treat me slightly differently now it’s a bit more obvious. But I admit it’s comfier wearing a bra than a binder. I do feel a bit stupid looking in the mirror in bra and  boxers. But when the t shirt or shirt is on it’s ok.,

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
If they are treating differently I’m sure it’s due to it being a new adjustment and not a judgment or tippy toeing around anything. Just like we adjust to the concern of wearing one in public or around significant others and friends I’m sure friends also find themselves in position to adjust to their friend wearing a bra especially if others they know have a bust and don’t. You are getting comfortable with a preference to wear one with honest justification and not perversion desire to and you should applaud yourself for taking those steps. As it gets more normal the more confidence is gained. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2021