Author Topic: Sister sizing  (Read 379 times)

Offline Traveler

• Silver Member
Welp it finally happened. Been on a weight loss program and it’s going well. Feeling pretty good by following the program without starving myself, so while progress has been a little slow, it’s progress.

Just started wearing a bra full time  around three months ago. Now that I’m wearing one I can’t believe I waited so long to do it, but I guess I needed to go through the process to get to this point. Due to the weight loss I’ve lost band size but not one bit of bust. If anything they actually look a little rounder! Due to breast migration? Seems so.

I’m now wearing a 40DD! Sister sizing from a 42D. The 42D bras I was wearing were a little roomy but there was no way I could fit in a C cup because I have the typical wide male breast. I now fully fill the double D’s because while I’ve lost band size I haven’t lost breast volume. It’s apparently not unusual for this to happen. 

I plan on continuing losing weight and improving my overall health. I still have no problems with presenting male but at some point it may be difficult. I know some us here are dealing with the same problem. Guess I just needed to vent. Thanks

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/forum/index.php?topic=36014.0

Offline blad

• Silver Member
I still have no problems with presenting male but at some point it may be difficult. I know some us here are dealing with the same problem. Guess I just needed to vent. Thanks
We can always present a s a male, just one with breast bumps.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Online Johndoe1

You are not alone. I recently dropped band size too after losing about 10 lbs, but not bust size. I had several bras that were at or beyond life and even though I was at the tightest set of hooks with a 38DD, things were not fitting right nor did I have the support I had been getting. I bought several 36DDD/F bras and the support was back and the girls still had all the room in the cups they needed. While I technically sister sized down, in reality, 36DDD/F is now my correct size.

Offline aboywithgirls

Unfortunately, too many people are of the assumption that if a man has breasts, it's from being overweight. We know that is not the case. I am 5'10", 160 pounds. I am under the BMI for both men and mid range for women. 

After I lost 40 lbs, I went from a 38G to a 36H in UK sizing which is the sister size. I was looking at a bra conversion chart earlier. I didn't realize that a 36H UK is a 36K US! I know that the size is just a number and letter and that the fit is the only thing that matters. However, a 36K! I'll stick with the UK sizing. It makes me feel better.
Bras aren't for women, they're for breasts.

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
Unfortunately, too many people are of the assumption that if a man has breasts, it's from being overweight. We know that is not the case. I am 5'10", 160 pounds. I am under the BMI for both men and mid range for women.

After I lost 40 lbs, I went from a 38G to a 36H in UK sizing which is the sister size. I was looking at a bra conversion chart earlier. I didn't realize that a 36H UK is a 36K US! I know that the size is just a number and letter and that the fit is the only thing that matters. However, a 36K! I'll stick with the UK sizing. It makes me feel better.
Ah, yes.  BMI.  I'm 182 cm (5'11.5), and currently 63 kg (138.9 lbs).  That gives me a BMI of 19 (which is supposedly very close to underweight).  I have actually been down to about 61.1 kg (guesstimate on an old mechanical scale), which gave me an underweight BMI of 18.4.  According to the internet my ideal weight is 73 kg.

But in reality, I still have a decent amount of abdominal fat, and when I peaked at 71 I was actually decently overweight.  There's no way I'd want to go up to 73...

Offline Traveler

• Silver Member
Funny thing is I don’t think I look like a double D! While I understand that the male breast is wider and shallower it’s not until the swoop and scoop that I fill the cups (and maybe a little over) that makes me go wow, it is the right size.

I’m also 5’ 11.5” (182cm) ;) and could technically lose another 30 to 40 pounds to reach the “perfect” weight, but I just down sized my pants to a 34 waist, so I’m not that big. I still buy x-large shirts though to cover the girls.

Wish society was at the point where I didn’t have to jump through so many hoops to keep them hidden, (mostly).

Online Johndoe1

Wish society was at the point where I didn’t have to jump through so many hoops to keep them hidden, (mostly).
If it meant in order for my chest to be accepted as a woman's, I would gladly jump through all the silly hoops women have to. This way really sucks. I would love to have my chest be taboo like a woman's chest is. Not open season like it can be. I just want to live my life in peace. I am what I am. I didn't ask to be this way.

Offline aboywithgirls

I totally get that John! It can be very frustrating. I think I always knew what I would need to do for acceptance. Not only having others accept me but more importantly, for me to accept myself. 

Our breasts shouldn't be a source of embarrassment. There is no reason why they can't be a source of pride. We shouldn't be embarrassed because we put on a brain the morning because it makes our daily activities more bearable. We should be able to put on our bra with the top we want to wear and look in the mirror and like our lumps.

For myself, I can say I do now. For me, now, wearing a is not only accepted, its expected.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2021